Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

BIG A3XX AUTOPILOT PROBLEM ON APPROACH

Guest giln

I am not the only one who experinces this, my friend also has the pss a319-340 and experiences it on all planes. When approaching, after turning on approach switch or loc switch, the aircraft does not maintain the runway heading!!!! This only happens when there is wind present, but i'm talking 1-10 knts of wind throwing an aircraft completely off the runway!! Even with 3 knts, yes 3, the aircraft is unable to maintain the runway heading, it sways way off course and, when landing with autoland, ends up landing on the grass near the runway. What is going on! It's very upsetting when you fly 7 hours in the a340 then approach the airport and mess up a landing because you couldn't get established with 3 knts of wind!Can anybody help?????

Guest rall0r

Hi!well, I bought the boxed version two days ago (A330/340). I have exactly the same problem.During approach, without any wind, everything goes well.But in case von crosswind (6 kt for example), the AC capture the LOC an GS, and follows it until outermarker. Until OM everything looks fine. But then, the Bus drifts left or right off the centerline (depends on the winddirection), without doing anything to correct this. The result is, to land near the runway. I just played around a little bit with approach-speed, flaps, different configurations etc., but without any positive result.I just discovered, that it depends on how strong the wind is, how far away from the runway you hit the ground.I'm using the german version of FS9 (without the 9.1 patch) on WinXP.I would be very pleased to get a workaround for this.Regards,Ralf

Guest bega

I have the same problem. Everything is normal until about 2 miles from the runway, then the plane starts to drift either left or right of the runway, depending on wind direction. I tried applying rudder, but the autopilot starts to bank the airplane opposite of rudder direction. It is really annoying when you try to land, and you end up landing on the taxi-way, sometimes ontop of other planes.

Guest giln

That's what i'm talking about, it is really annoying and i can't control it. What's going on?

Guest vrandar

Just a thought, but have you checked the realism settngs and in particular made sure that autorudder is switched to OFF?

Guest Phoenix_7

if you have the reg version of FSUIPC ?in FS select ModulesFSUIPC,there are several options on the 'wind' tab for tweaking wind effectsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest FlyNavy

I'm flying the A319...A340 with FS2002 and I haven't had such a problem.With a 17 kts crosswind component, the a/c keeps rwy "centerline" on APP (~150 kts full flaps) with a 7

Guest rall0r

Hi,I played a little bit with the wind-settings in the FSUIPC without any positive effect.The Bus "loose" the LOC with beginning of the short final approach, when in the PFD the 'landing'-phase is remarked.I guess, that in this stage of the autoland-setting, something internal of the PSS-Airbus works different then in the stages before (like capture LOC an GS, follow ILS till OM). All the trouble starts with passing the 400 ft. marker, where the 'landing'-phase is activated. After that point, depending on the wind, the A/C is unable to follow the LOC (GS is ok).I hope, that this information helps to nail the problem :)Best regards,Ralf

Guest bega

can someone please try and fix this problem, it is really annoying, everything is fine untill about 2 miles out, thats when the airplane starts to to to either left or right depending on wind direction.

Guest giln

yes, with no wind the aircraft lands correctly. But as was said earlier, wind should not have such a severe effect especiaaly when it is at 3knts.

Guest bega

i have the newest FSUIPC version, no weather programs, i use the fs2002 one, and when there is no wind, it lands correctly, but with just a little bit of wind, i end up landing on the taxi-ways...even when i apply the rudder, the plane starts banking opposite of the rudder, it almost feels like the wind blows the runway to the side a little bit, lol.

Guest rall0r

I use ActiveSky 5.1 (?) and during online-Flights, the IVAO-weather.But there are no differences between both.With no wind, the A3XX lands correctly.FSUIPC Version is 3.41Best regards,Ralf

Guest FlyNavy

I flew some trial flights again at # airports with crosswind components up to 25 kts (yes!) - 10

haha, take it to maintenence, and they'll slap a "Not Certified for Autoland" on it :(Check both Autopilots engaged CMDL / Rseems that when it goes to straighten up to land down centreline that it's pulling out either too quick, or without rudder.Check that rudder Auto-Coordination in realism settings are not checked.I actually havn't seen this happen myself before. Done a couple of autolands quite succesfully with the A330-300 in as much as a 15kt crosswind. Might go check out the A320 now...

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.