Sign in to follow this  
Guest gpetherick

a-floor & toga lk trouble

Guest gpetherick

I've been using the Phoenix a330-200 on my home home computer for ages and have had no problems flying with it at all. However I've just bought the software again for another computer I have and yet everytime I take off and start climbing the A-Floor warning flashes and then later the TOGA LK starts flashing. The only way I can control this is by disabling the autothrust and manually ride the throttle for the remainder of the flight which annoys the #### out of me. I've followed all of the manuals and test flights which work fine on my other computer. I have FSUIPC but not a registered copy and have not tried to change the ice settings, as I don't know how. I've also made sure that the ice settings in overhead panel are always off. The ZFW and the block are exactly how they should be according to the test flight cyyz/kord. I just can't understand how it works on one computer and not the other. Obviously it's not the computers, so can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong???????

Guest Phoenix_7

have you tried the alternate FDE files by Bob Scott?a link can be found at the top of the forumyou also didn't say anything about your takeoff settings or what you are doing after the takeofftakeoff weightflapspower modeVspeedsPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest gpetherick

No I haven't tried the FDE files but I will. The settings before takeoff are exactly what the tutorial said. And as I mentioned I've flown this plane hundreds of times on the other computer and it has worked like a dream.

Guest gpetherick

OK now it's really starting to annoy me!!!!!! I've re-loaded the phoenix software and have started from scratch the A330 Tutorial flight CYYZ/KORD.Ive done the panel config,the load editor utility and the fuel planner. I then followed step by step the tutorial. But again as soon as I takeoff the red stip appears and the A-Floor flashes. I checked back through my othe computer where I have another version and everthing works perfectly. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!x( x(

Guest DrSnooper

I have the same problem, but only with the A330, my A320 works fine.I do not use any joystick and I have installed the new FDE as mentioned. After installing the new FDE I also now has a prob with initiating descent. Upon reaching TOD, I click onto the alt button and "OP Desc" appears on the screen but the aircraft refuses to descend. this happens even after right and left clicking on tot he alt button.Could you please offer any advice on this one. Also will PSS be bringing out an official FDE or patch to correct the a-floor and toga lk issueRegardsTony

Despite what the manual says are you setting your fuel correctly? A fully fueled PSSA330 in FS9 on stock will be overweight. A-Floor and TOGA power prevent stalls by basically applying full thrust, what airspeeds are you making your approach/takeoffs ? Make sure you also familarize yourself with how the altitude selectors work, rememberPush = Click = purple = managedPull = Right click = Blue = UnmanagedIf on the TOD its coming up with OP Desc it means your right clicking first, to fix this right click the V/S button and select a rate of descent.

G-MIDY :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest DrSnooper

"If on the TOD its coming up with OP Desc it means your rightclicking first, to fix this right click the V/S button andselect a rate of descent"Hi, tried your suggestion, but still cannot get the a/c to respond to descent command. in the end I have to turn off the ap and manually descend the a/c.Do not have any problems like this with my PSS A320, its a breeze to fly.RegardsTony

Guest DrSnooper

Here is some more to it, I load the PSS tutorial flight for Sydney - Melbourne. Followed the tutorial exactly.I get A-Floor for the most of the flight, from climb into cruise.Think I will stay with the A320 or just bite the bullet and register FSUIPCTony

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.