Sign in to follow this  

Flightdeck Companion?

I wonder if Flightdeck Companion is some thing worth buying and the software

Guest paulri

A great deal of information to help you answer this question will be found on the FDC Forum here at Avsim. You will also find links there to the FDC web page which will provide additional information.Regarding FDC compatibility wiht RC3, Dave has just made a post on that in the thread at the top of the forum--there are other threads as well on the forum that address this issue and they include comments from JD. Only you can decide if FDC is for you. But do check out all the information available on the FDC forum. AFAIK, there is no problem with Active Sky--some of the team members use it. BTW a new enhancement update (free to owners of FDC) with some new features is due out this weekend. The thread I referred to above addresses this. Regards,PaulFDC TEam Member

I suggest you try S-combo (Search AVSIM downloads), also by Dave March, and if it does what you want the go for FDC.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

jerrycwo4Everyone has an opinion.... if I could only have ONE Add-on, it would be: Flight Deck Companion (FDC).jerry

Guest paulri

Hey guys,Check the FDC forum, link to and info on the new update is there. Dave released it this morning. Lots of enhancements.Regards,PaulFDC Team Member

I like it except for the highly annoying need to have the CD insterted every few days for "authentication." For such a truly penny ante product (it's fine for what it does) I can't believe they put that in there. All else being equal, I would clearly opt for a product that didn't require this.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Guest firehawk44

Noel,The new release removes the CD authentication requirement. IMHO, FDC is a mandatory product for flight sim fans.Jim

re: Aktiv sky WXre I am using the new 1.2 release with Active Sky wxRE and all runs smoothly. I highly recommend FDC...especially if you primarily fly the big iron. You may not use all of the functions on light GA aircraft (cabin announcements, etc), but I've been working on configuring it for the Seneca V, for example, and have enjoyed using it very much on that aircraft as well as the airliners.Steve J.