Sign in to follow this  
Guest BMI701EGCC

A320 ZigZag on Approach!

Guest BMI701EGCC

Good monrning Avsim,Situation...Aircraft: PSS/iFDG merge A320-200 British AirwaysSTAR: Bovingdon 2AProblem....i set everything up fpr the final approach phase for 27L at London heathrow, ie activated app phase, checked speeds, flaps config etc..I was on a radial hdg of 137 from BNN VOR at 2,500 to intercept the LOC*. I set the crs on the RADNAV page to 273 as stated on the V ILS approach chart for 27L(the FMGS automatics had 275 for the final crs for some reason). So as i captured the LOC* i set the hdg on the FCU to 273 for the final crs, the lining up of the RWY was the best ive every exercised(maybe because i approach 40degrees out from final??). I continue decending on the ILS but then the plane starts to zigzag dramatically, thus making the speed diviate, when i was in flap full config i selected from managed speed, which was about 140 knts but from some reason it wanted 200knts!?!Anybody know why this happened, it has never happened to me before, zigzagging and a great capture normally it would just pass the LOC* and intercept at about 6.0DME.(should th a/c just capture pefectly at the first turn?)BMI701EGCCScott Waterworth

Guest NormanB

Scott,I have no experience of this merge and naturally PSS don't support it. Possibly it could be better answered by the BAW Virtual Airbus Training Captain since I believe the merge is something he is familiar with.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.