Sign in to follow this  
Guest dioaka1

Alternate Flight Plan

Guest dioaka1

Hi all!I have problems with alternate flight plan on the A330.When I try to activate it my computer freeze compleately.Is this a known issue or am I alone?

Guest dioaka1

Actually i may do something wrong because I don't know exactly how to use the ALTN FP.Usually I use it after a go-around. The ALTN FP seems to become active because it turns to green.Considering it is green I expect it will follow the Standard Departure and go to the next destination. But in fact the aircraft stays in the runway heading in max climb and minimum speed. I tried to push the nav knob to go in nav mode but on the PFD the nav stays blue.Then I enter in the flight plan to try to activate the altn Flight plan and there is nothing to activate. The only solution is to delete a point and then I'm able to activate it...then it crashes my computer.How should I proceed to activate my Altn flight plan exactly?I can understand why it doesn't follow directly the SID on a go-around but I don't understand why I can't activate it directly (without deleting a waypoint).NB If i enable it before reaching the last point of the main flight plan it works fine.Another thing I would like to ask is why the aircraft doesn

Guest dioaka1

Thanks for your reply John.I'm sorry but i didn't find anything concerning Alternate Flight Plans.One more thing : do you know why the game freezes as i try to activate the ALTN FP?

Guest vrandar

I think you might be getting confused: the secondary flight plan available on the rw Airbus has not been modelled on the PSS. What I think you are trying to get to work is the alternate destination, but that will not put in a new flight plan for you. The reason you found nothing in my Airbus hangar is that I haven't written anything about secondary flight plans as they haven't been modelled.

Guest dioaka1

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your reply.I can enter the alternate destination but I think I

Guest Sjaako

Alternate Flight plan:When you scroll through the flight plan you will normally find the destination again and also the entered alternate airfield from the INIT page. These two airports are displayed in BLUE, that is what makes them part of the alternate routing.Now, you can select a Departure and Arrival by line selecting these airports on the left. Just like you do with the active flight plan.Extra waypoints can also be added in between the end of the departure route and the start of the arrival.When you make the decision to divert, you go to the flightplan page, line select 6 left, and there should be a BLUE ALTN prompt. press this, which will enter the alternate routing into the Temporary flight plan. If you want to accept this change you press insert, otherwise erase.Hope this helps, Cheers Sjaako

Guest dioaka1

Ok thanks for your reply Sjaako!That

Guest vrapp

same here - upon pressing "enable altn" FS freezes.

Guest vrapp

>please provide full details on what you are entering into the>MCDUThis is happening when the alternate airport is not in discontinued section of the flight plan. Load the attached route; then in flight plan click "activate altn". FS will freeze.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.