Sign in to follow this  
Guest gricha

descending

Guest gricha

hello all,If i want to descend to a certain flight level say 15nm before or after a waypoint, how do i program the MCDU to change the flight plan.

Guest vrandar

You can enter a PBD fix (place/bearing/distance). For example if you are heading 270 inbound to the HON VOR and you want to be at FL080 15 miles before HON then you would press the left LSK next to your current waypoint or where you want to enter the new fix. This brings up the LAT REV page from this waypoint. Then you would enter HON/90/15. Then press next waypoint at LSK3R.HON is the next waypoint90 is the bearing FROM the waypoint15 is the distance FROM the waypointWhen this is entered you get a fix in your flight plan called PBD01 (subsequent ones are PBD02, PBD03..). You would then enter an altitude constraint of FL080 for this fix using the right LSK next to PBD01 in the F-PLAN page.For a tutorial on PBD, PBX (Place/Bearing-Place/Bearing) and LL (latitude/Longitude) fixes there is a tutorial in the BAV Airbus hangar in my address below labelled as "Entering fixes in PSS A320 MCDU and flying a DME Arc".

Guest gricha

cheers Rob,I should have asked in the BAV forum.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.