Sign in to follow this  
Guest pedroz

How to retreive flight plans in FS9

Guest pedroz

Hello:I have been using fs9 since not long ago and I still have some very dumb questions:I can not reach the fs9 flight plans and I can not see where to change the configuration as I entered in configuration file.Can any body help please?Thank you inadvancePedro

Guest S Hilmerby

Place your flightplans in the folder "Flight Simulator Files" you can find it under "My documents"./Stellan

Guest pedroz

Thanks for your help:Indeed It does not work:I have a french PC with french FS. I know about this problem and have created flight simulator files in "mes documents" (french translation of my documents). I thought this was the problem and have created a flight simulator files under my name. On Windows you give tour name and it gives you "an account". This indeed did not work....Then Under my name I have created a file calles "my documents" and under this one I have created flight simulator files with all flight plans but PSS continues not to recognize them as it give "no files found"I know it is weird but it simply does not work. What to do?Pedro

Salut Pedro,I am confused as to why you even needed to create a "flight simulator files" folder as it is created for you AUTOMATICALLY after you create a flight plan using the FS2004 flight planner and save the flight plan. Is it possible you created a second folder with the same name (or the French version of it)?Check this path in your profile folder in WIndows - X:DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS[YOUR PROFILE FOLDER]MY DOCUMENTSFLIGHT SIMULATOR FILES ... where X is your drive letter for the hard drive (or partition) where WIndows is installed.The folder never needs to be created so if you go to flight planner or use the "open flight" option (exact name escaptes me now but this is the window in FS where you have your saved flight plans, if any) -you will see your flight plans there. IF they are not there, PSS will not recognize them in the MCDU flight plan (when you try to import an existing FS flight plan from DATA button for example).Hope this helps.Any questions, let me know.John

Guest pedroz

Hello to PSS:It seems that this question does not get any interest from you and I thought that you were supposed to give support even if the question seems to be a dumb question...You have given the possibility to get your product on fs9 and as such you have people buying exclusively for fs9. Indeed the features of FS flight planning are very goog indeed and I want really to use this feature, that is to say I would like to get imported flight plans made from fs9.So the question is:1) Either you admit that it is not possible at present and you say it so we can eventually hope that sometime you will make a patch to make it possible 2)Either you have the solution and you give the right support to customers. You can not just select your responses and leave my question unanswered. If that is your policy it is good to know for the future...I have always gotten very good support from other vendors like PMDG or AerosoftThanks in advance to take care of my "dumb" question

Guest Phoenix_7

it has been mentioned numerous times in the forumdue to the folder structure in FS9 (storing plans outside the FS folder)if you are using a non-english system, it i not possible to import plansJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Fallen_Angel

>it has been mentioned numerous times in the forum>>due to the folder structure in FS9 (storing plans outside the>FS folder)>if you are using a non-english system, it i not possible to>import plans>>John >PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpgIt is untrue, John.I managed to import the FS fpls.I run italian language win xp, so i manually rebuilt the english xp folder path where MCDU expects to find the files, as follows:c:/Documents and Settings/"my user name in XP"/Documents/Flight Simulator Flightsso that I copied in this folder the files contained in fs2004 default flightplans folder. IT WORKS PERFECTLY.The only thing is that you must manually copy fs fpl file in your new created folder, because in FS2004 you can only save your routes in the default folder (your XP language path)...just think, and try, try, and try

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.