Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

Is accelerated simulation possible with Bob Scott's and Pedro Oliveira's FDE?

Helle everyone,I know that, due to code differences, accelerated simulation rates of, say 4x or 8x are not possible without eventually crashing the plane with the default PSS FDEs. I tried to search the forum and found no mention of anyone trying Bob Scott's A330/340 and/or Pedro Oliveira's A320 FDEs and doing accelerated simulation rates in FS2004 --> is this possible with Bob's and Pedro's FDEs?I think many of you would agree that doing a long flight with, say an A340 from New York JFK to Singapore Changi in real-time would be ridiculous as it would take somewhere around 14-16 hours!...hence the need for stable Airbuses at faster simulation rates...Anyone's feedback is much appreciated.John

No need to answer as I found out the solution for myself in the meantime.Both Pedro Oliveira's and Bob Scott's flight dynamics are stable at accelerated simulation rates at least as high as 8X except Bob Scott's does have the plane bobbing up&down gently but I may be able to fix that on my own. As I work different shifts which fall on week-ends, I haven't done any troubleshooting as of yet with CG's and weights.I'll find the solution myself.John

Guest VCALL

please tell me your solution, i've tried these panels with the posky 330, and aerodesigns 340 to see if it worked, but i ended giving up as none of them fixed the problem, because i think the problem is in the gauge file and not the fde. Even though, could you please help me with your solution so that i can try it at homeThanks

I basically keep the model and panel untouched, just changed the AIRCRAFT.CFG and the .AIR files to the ones given by Pedro Oliveira (for the A320 only) and by Bob Scott (for the A330 and A340) and the results are as follows:(1) A320-no oscillation nor bobbing up&down at all with Pedro's files for the A320. Note: cannot do anything for the A319/321 as no alternate FDE's exist other than IFDG's - which I might try to see...(2) For the A330 and A340, there is still a slight but GENTLE bobbing up&down at 4x and 8x but the plane does not nose dive at all and can fly like this for long distances of, say 500NM or more without any issues nor crashing FS2004. I did not try at rates faster than 8X as they are too fast and even caused crashes with other non-PSS planes in some cases.Don't forget to RENAME the PSS aircraft.cfg and .air files so you still have them available if needed. Also, for the liveries you may have already installed, just copy and paste them into the new AIRCRAFT.CFG's, replacing the ones in there and you're set.John

Guest VCALL

sorry about this, dont want to be a pain in the butt, but i tried that setup, and i still have crashes, usually after turns.Coming back to the thought on the autopilot, there are two files on the pss folder called aptuning330.dat and 340.dat. as you dont seem to have a problem, Can you please tell me what are your values, so that i can compare them with mine.Another question is, are you using the 320 with 2002 or 2004? i tried it on 2004 and was a fluke, couldn't even get the throttle to work correctly.Thanks

Hi,I don't understand what you mean by what are my values? Values for what are you asking about? The only two files you would even touch are the aircraft.cfg and the .air file. All others please leave them alone. As such, I don't know about the aptuning330.dat and 340.dat folders as I haven't even looked at them.Sorry can't be of further help but if you've inadverdently changed other values, you may want to uninstlall and re-install the a330 and a340.John

Guest VCALL

hisorry, it was just a check, on the pss folder/a3xx there are two files with those names, that i think are related to the gauge, but by myself i don't know what the settings are. you can open them with notepad, and they are simple text files.For the a330tuning.dat i have the following:PoEacc: 5PoEdec: 5PoEstp: 1000VoPacc: 1000VoPdec: 1500VoPstp: 4SoPacc: 2SoPdec: 15SoPstp: 4RoAacc: 8RoAdec: 10RoAstp: 2000EoTacc: 0.003EoTdec: 0.2EoTstp: 1000SoEacc: 2SoEdec: 10SoEstp: 0.5GoTacc: 0.1GoTdec: 1GoTstp: 200I just wanted to chek if your values are the same as mine. i dont know if this is an autogenerated file, or some sort of config. I havent changed it yet but if your file reads something different, i'm thinking of making some changes to it, as it may have something to do with the stability and respnse of the AP.Sorry for the annoyance, but its just my spirit of investigating stuff.Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.