Sign in to follow this  
Guest nghagag

Problems with rough Weather themes

Guest nghagag

I have been having this problem with A320, and A340 when I try to fly a weather theme that has winds or storms. Upon climing above 29000 to 30000s Altititude setting in the ALT gauge goes to 90000, I loose speed fast and of course I get harassaed by ATC to descend to the presumed CRZ alt. I have no control over the aircraft. I found that the only way to recover from this is to change weather to clear weather, turn autopilot off and recover descent and speed manually.I am using FSUIPC 3.45. Any ideas.

The only thing is that MS FS2004 weather, especially weather which generates any winds at all (which is basically all of them except clear weather:)) - is seriously flawed in its algorithms! Have you tried this weather with other aircraft (e.g. POSKY or the default ones) and had similar results?Also, have you tried using a payware like Active Sky 2004? I had serious wind issues (and that with only the FAIR weather theme) with the MS default weather and saw a big improvement after purchasing Active Sky 2004.John

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.