Sign in to follow this  
Guest donato.genovese

SID/STAR

Guest donato.genovese

After purchasing the A320, I've installed the new AIRAC (0502)and the new SID/STAR. I tried to charge in the MCDU the flight plan LIMF/LIRF. The MCDU charge correctly the SID of LIMF but no STAR for LIRF are available.This fact it's very strange because LIRF is the biggest italian airport.Can you help me to solve this problem?Thanks in advance.RegardsDonato Genovese

Guest Phoenix_7

here is a clip from Terry Yingling explaining the sid/star databaseThe SID/STAR/IAP database is derived from the DAFIF (Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File) database. It is the only on-line, worldwide, free digital database I know of. This database is made for the U.S. military but does not contain all the SIDs/STARs/IAPs that are available in the civilian world. My guess is because only airports and SIDs/STARs/IAPs that may be used by the military are included. This unfortunately leaves many SIDs/STARs/IAPs missing, especially outside of the U.S.. The DAFIF, despite it's shortcomings though, contains about 1740 airports, is current and is updated on a 28 day cycle. John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest donato.genovese

In any case I can see the LIRF's SID but any STAR, while the LIMF's STAR are available.Is it possible to modify the pssstar.dat in order to introduce the missing STAR?Thanks in advanceRegardsDonato G.

Guest vrandar

Make sure when you install the Airac that you tick the SID/Star library box in the installation menu. This will give you quite recent and sometimes newly updated SIDs and STARs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.