Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

A3xx model is the problem, i have figured it out.

Guest giln

Let me start out by saying this is in no way an offense to pss, it is rather constuctive criticism. After having complained many times about the a3xx model, particularly the a340 and a330, i decided to test a few hings with other airplanes. I took the a340, a330, and a320 panel and put them each into other aircrafts. I placed them seperatly into the pmdg 737 and tested them under harsh landing conditions and was amazed at the results!!! For those who don't know the history of the a340 approach problems i will refresh your memory. When apporaching with particularly the a340, the slightest wind, will send the aircraft off the centre line completely!!! Basically, the aircraft is really, really bad on the approach! I though that the panel may contribute to it by not holding the approach very well. Boy, was i wrong. The pmdg 737(under 10 knot crosswinds and snow!), landed smoothly. The aircraft was nicely established. Of course under such hard winds the aircraft's nose was not aligned because it was fighting crosswinds but the aircraft landed as it should have. The point i a m trying to get across hee is that the a340 model itself is the problem and it should be re done and adjusted to work with fs2004 properly.Sincerly, Andrew

Guest vrandar

Revised flight dynamics for the A330/A340 have been available for many months at http://home.comcast.net/~gulfstream-v/index.html and revised FDEs for the A319,A320 and A321 merged with the PSS panel have also been available for quite a while either directly through iFDG at www.ifdg.net or from www.avsim.com

Guest giln

The fde fix for the a340 just makes it worse, it now puts itself into a stall on approach when its speed is well above stall speed.What else can be done?

Hello Andrew,I noticed your posting and just want to add that PSS FDE's are problematic at best. I found that accelerated simulation was basically impossible with the default PSS flight dynamics (i.e. the aircraft.cfg and .air files) and changing the FDE's for the A330/340 to Bob Scott's and the A320 to Pedro Oliveira's solved this problem.As for the winds, I haven't tried the A340 under real-weather conditions yet but I'll see if I can try it this week and let you know how Bob Scott's alternate/updated FDE's perform using Active Sky 2004.By the way, are you using Flight Simulator's default weather or an add-on weather program like AS2004? The winds in FS2004 default are a real problem but if you say that that the PMDG 737 did not have this problem, then it's clear the problem is with PSS. I'll keep you posted but it certainly won't hurt to try Bob Scott's and Pedro Oliveira's flight dynamics and/or the IFDG merge as suggested in the meantime.John

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.