Sign in to follow this  
Guest carangugi

LOUD noise when I load A340's- Help please!!

Guest carangugi

Hi,Someone help me please, I am unable to fly my dear A340's due to this annoying problem. When I load my A340's ( which ever livery it is)in cold/dark cockpit mode, I hear that rumbling noise while I am parked at the gate as if the plane was cruising down the runway/taxiway. Ok...so I ignore that sound, maybe it will go away after I take off. Well, as soon as I turn on the engines the sound escalates to a continuous loud/piercing sound!! I need to press Q, to turn off the sound. I dont' know what to do.Now once in a while with my A330's this same loud/piercing sound comes on when I switch views from cockpit to exterior view. So I press Q and turn off the sound and press Q again and the loud/piercing sound stops and its back to normal flying. But the noise comes back after I switch views again. With the A330's this problem does not happen often.But this technique does not work with the A340's. Does anyone have this problem?? Solution to this issue..please?This issue does not happen with any other aircrafts that I have.Its constant with the A340's and once in a great while with the A330's.My second question is how do you turn the plane while in pushback??Help would be much appreciated.Thanks in advanceJulianFS9ActiveSkyFSUIPC 3.45 registered userPentium 42.4Ghz1.2G Ram128 Mb NVidia video cardSound Blaster CREATIVE sound card

Guest carangugi

John, Thanks for the reply....Yeahhh, Unfortunately I have the latest driver installed.But how would that be relavant if it only happens with the A340's?Also, the rumbling noise that you get when you taxi down the taxiway or takeoff, it happens when I am parked at the gates WITH the engines off?????Any other thoughts or suggestions?Also, How do you turn the plane during Pushback?ThanksJulian

Guest Maddon

Hi there JulianRegarding the loud roaring noise, you will find that its the sound of the external power that is connected.(The external power is connected when engines are shutdown and parking brake set)Regarding pushback, most addon aircraft will not work using Shift+P,1 or 2. So you can pushback leaving enough room to turn or slew into position.(remember if using the slew function Y, when ready to exit slew press A to make sure the aircraft is on the ground otherwise the aircraft will shoot forward)Hope this helpsMaddon

Guest carangugi

Hi Madden,Thanks for the reply!! Is there anyway I can make the roaring/ rumbling noise stop while I'm parked? I am going to try to re-install my A340's and see if that makes a difference.ALso, thanks for the "slew" hint....Iy always took off on me when I used it...now I know to press A.ThanksJulian

Guest Maddon

Hi there JulianThe only thing I can think of is to go into the PSSAB-PRO, sound folder ( main aircraft folder )and find the sound file for the ground power and delete it.Hope that helpsMaddon

Guest carangugi

Hi Madden,Ok, I will try that and see how it works....Also, before I do that I am going to try re-installing and use Bob's Scott Version 1.2J and see if that makes a difference.Thanks for the help.Julian

Guest Maddon

Hi JulianI'm using Bobs replacement but this is just for the flight dynamics.Re-installing won't help because you will still load the sound files.Maddon

Guest carangugi

Hey Madden,I am sorry, I am kinda new at this, but what do you mean by Fligt Dynamics? I do notice that there is a unusual pitch to the A330's and also, the sim rate if I go above 2X, the plane looses control and crashes. Will Bob's flight dynamics fix these issues?Is it easy to install?Also, I notice that you have PMGD under your name....I just purchased PMGD 737-700 and I get the same thumping sound and high screeching sound when I turn on the engines. I dont know whats going on?Madden thank you for your time and help.Julian

Guest Maddon

Hi JulianWell flight dynamics is really what it says eg: before I installed Bobs replacement cfg & air file I struggled to take off and when I eventually did I got a lot of pitching but that changed with Bobs replacement and have not had a problem since.Regarding sim rate 2x I can't answer that as I just fly normal rate.What is puzzeling me is that you get the screeching with PMDG 737. That is not a problem I have had either.What other payware aircraft do you have and is this problem just with PSS & PMDG?Maddon

Guest carangugi

Maddon,I only get this loud screeching noise with the A340 and PMDG.Impossible to fly either planes.............its so annoying.ThanksJulian

Guest carangugi

Maddon,I found out what the problem was..... My sound card drivers were not completely installed!!!! DONE with the loud screeching noise.But I still get that rumbling noise that you get when your are taxing with the engines off??Thanks!Julian

Guest Maddon

Hi JulianThe rumbling noise is normal. It is ground power connected and is not a problem.Glad to hear you sorted out the screeching though.Maddon

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.