Sign in to follow this  
Guest bunchie

A340 FPS

Guest bunchie

I've purchased the A340 download version from PSS and the general frame rate hit is catastrophic... we're talking 8-9fps in 2d cockpit!I have the A320 pro cd version with no such problems.The only way I can improve frame rates is by reducing the gauge update frequency in the FMC options. This unfortunately renders the aircraft unflyable with the gauges limping along displaying last months information!I've searched these forums and there doesn't seem any specific answers ... does anyone else suffer this?I run a Barton 3200 cpu, 1 gig ram, radeon 9800 pro card. I use FSautostart and activesky 2004.5. These however do not make any difference to performance. ( I've tried without)Help gratefully received.PS. I've tried the updated aircraft config and air files.Thanks, Stuart

Guest monsoon

Dont ever expect a response from PSS about their FPS on the 340/330. they KNOW there is a problem and their response will always be "there is nothing we are planning to change" or something along those lines. i am just waiting for someone to finnaly say "this product will no longer be purchased from the flight sim community". oops i just said it. i am VERY displeased with their support on the 340 project. they took our money and ran. with this type of support they will NEVER be a PMDG or LDS. when many customers have reported in all the forums about a problem with your product, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. there IS a problem with performance on your 330/340. fix the thing! in my country you would be sued for selling a defective product.

Guest vrandar

I'm merely a support drone in the PSS workhouse but here's my two penny worth. Frame rates can be a problem for any addon and are affected by the system a user has, by the slider settings, by whatever else is running on the computer at the time, by the weather software and so on. I don't often fly the A340 as I prefer the smaller ones on shorter flights, but when I do fly the A340 I don't have a frame rate problem. That is no answer I know and I'm not trying to dismiss the genuine FPS problems that users do have which we do take seriously believe me, but those problems are not universal and so in my view are very difficult for the technical gurus in the company to fix. Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest NormanB

I fly the 340 pretty much exclusively (ok right now Im in a 777 but all other flights this week were in the 340) and, whilst it's not what you want to hear, my frame rates are no issue at all.This is despite running it alongside ASV, SB3, real time and a shed load of other programmes.I know that some users do have genuine FPS concerns - and if we saw thenm exhibited then we could track it down. None of the dev or test team have seen it so it makes it nigh on impossible to fix.To put in perspective, 6 weeks or so ago framerates in the 777 took a tumble and there was much mork done to track down and fix things.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.