Sign in to follow this  
Guest air congo

A320 - ILS Backcourse

Guest air congo

Can anyone tell me how to set an ils backcourse approach on the pss A320 series

Guest Calum

Hello , ( i asked a freind for all this info )i dont know if you can do this with the PSS Busses , or if in FS at all , but the basics of it is to put in the Freq. of the front ILS , and push the " Backcourse " button on the panel. Backcourses are illegal on the U.K though. Like i say , the PSS busses i dont think have a backcourse button.But keep trying and maybe you'll find it.Hope i helped Calum

Guest szp

newly built a300-600's come from the factory without a backcourse switch, don't know about other a3xx's. use the nd in arc or rose with the course tail set to the inbound course, fly the approach in heading from the faf (ignore the pfd raw data indications). kinda archaic, but it works.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.