Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calum

Two things about PSS A320 i hope can be fixed

Guest Calum

Hi all , i have two Q's about the PSS A320Pro i hope can be answered and even patched by either PSS or a talented person :1. When flying online ... the weather. example is today , on IVAO , i was flying Milan to Malta for Air Malta VA , and had great ATC all the way. Just getting down past Rome-Fiumicino , mach .78 and FL350 , we had a slight tailwind which was great. Suddenly the aircraft is buffeting all over the place , and altitude is being lost fast , i end up diverting to nearby LICJ with help from Roma ATC ( if reading , thanks guys ;) ). I know this is to do with the weather as it has happened before and sometimes i overstress aircraft ( by overspeeding and buffeting ) after a long flight online :( ( dont want to turn off overstress cause it will still happen , dropping airspeed and altitude ). Please if anyone knows ( or could make )a quick patch please do so , many people would thank you for it. Thank you.My next one is not so bad ( doesnt happen often ) but still a little nervracking :2. The engines. Last night , i was practicing engine-outs at V1 and in flight. The model is very bad to control with one engine , and the aircraft does not handle this way in real life ( simply , it cant ). The aircraft slews uncontrollably to the side with the engine out , and you cant climb away before you hit the ground cause it slews and causes a wing drop and stall if you pitch up.Please try and help out. I understand PSS has moved onto other projects ( rightly so , keep up the good work with whatever is flying next :) ) , but , if one or two people get an available time space , please try and make a patch to out one or both of these items right.Thanks very much :)Calum

Guest Phoenix_7

as far as #1 goes, if you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can control/eliminate alot of weather/wind effects on aircraft, select modules, fsuipc, wind tab and look thru the various settingsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Calum

Cool John ,i'll find more out about that , thanksCalum

Guest 320MAD

Hi there,I'm also a part of IVAO malta and you will see me in the air most of the time with the PSS320 callsign AMC1044 VID: 167717. I have never had the problmes that you are mentioning above. The weather related issues are almost removed (occur with any aircraft) if you use ActiveSky. As for the engine outs I have landed and handled the AC on one engine numerious times without a problem and landed at LIRF on the way to LIMC. Hope to see you online on thursday night for a flight to LICJ. The only problem I encountered with the PSS airbus is the high nose up pitch, which can be fixed by adding the line Lift_Scalar=1.42 in the flaps.0 section of your aircraft.cfg and the fact I couldn't open the cargo bays... was told how to do that from the PSS staff and spent several mins opening and closing them.As far as the pss team goes they have provided me with several hours of fun and their Airbus pro was a good purchase. I just need to know how to repaint the 319 as all of the repaints (Air Malta) I'm doing turn out fuzzy. And the load manager seems to crash (need to rebuild config after) when ever I change the loads of the 319 this only happens with the 319 and I haven't changed the 319's cfg at all.CheersCarmelo

Guest Calum

Hello Carmelo , yes i have seen your name before online i am sure :)I am convinced now the weather issue is not PSS's fault ( sorry :) ) , but you must let me know the handling secret because i found it really diffucult to keep on the runway or in the air with and engine out.I will be flying out of LICJ later tonite back to Malta , then hope fully will see you flying on thursday night when i am on ( flying Rome or Vienna depending on how busy i am tommorow )Thanks all :)Calum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,450.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now