Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

Tuning PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is it????

Guest giln

While I was flying my a340 I accidentaly right clicked the INT button on the MCDU. They page I ended up with is called the tuning page and has many different tunings for different control surfaces. I was wondersing exactly how to use this tuning page and what is does to the control surfaces. I was quite suprised when I stumbled upon this page and am confused on how it is used. Thanks for you time!

Hello,NEVER CHANGE ANY VALUE IN THIS PAGE UNLES ONE OF THE TEAM TOLD YOU TO DO IT OR YOU WILL MESS UP THE COMPLETE BIRD AND IT'S SYSTEMS.If ever you already change anything in it, reinstal the software.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/4 2.4 Ghz/1.5Giga DDRAMATI 9800 Pro 128 MegATI 9200 SE 128 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 with and with out nocd key.PSS Beta tester

Guest giln

Well, doesn't anybody know? I am sure that I am not the only person who has discovered this, can somebody please tell me what the tuning page is? How does it work?

Guest vrandar

(grumpy old man mode)"unless one of the team told you to do it?" Oh come on Cyrille the team have never, ever told anyone to change any of those settings as far as I can recall, or even referred to the existence of this tuning page. But even though there is nothing in the manual it does exist and so you must expect pilots to use it or at least wonder what it does and perhaps do a little experimentation. If PSS did not intend the tuning page to be used at all why have mere pilots like us been given access to it with the ability to change the figures? I am Deputy Director of one of the large IT programmes at the Foreign Office in London and one thing we would never do is to provide a software feature and then tell the user that they mustn't use it. That's just silly. It's like having a button on the wall with a notice saying "Do not press this button". What do you think people are going to do?And I think your response to giln was a little brutal, and in caps to boot!(/grumpy old man mode)I have experimented with various settings on the tuning page - what I call the onboard dynamics - on my testbed aircraft. If you send me your email address giln I will send the spreadsheet to you with the results. I accept that it can cause immense havoc with the flight dynamics and so needs to be used carefully, but on odd occasions (mainly with the PSS/iFDG A320 merge though not the A319/A321) I have found it quite useful, but you do seem to have to reset any figures you find that work each flight as they appear not to be saved to the config or air file.

Guest speight

I think(I might be wrong)it changes the FDE. I did some messing there, but finished up with my plane going crazy. Good job I had written down the original figures, I just put them back and all was well again.

Howard,regarding these default settings. I am looking for them desperatly.I changed (what else) like a kid without remembering what the default is and now all is messed up. Can anybody just tell me what the default settings are.Great THX'sUli Luetz

Guest speight

I agree with John, a re-install is the best. If I give you my figures and it blows your settings even worse, you'd not be happy and neither would I.I would be happier when Pss bring out an a320 that is specific to fs9, with the same quality as their paper dart.

Guest dt1951

Also, please stop using the "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the subject. I understand your frustration. This is not a Boeing aircraft, so it will not behave like one. But your questions will be addressed. Either ask a question or make a short statement, without all the exclamations. No need to vent your rage.Dan Ward

Guest vas_yan

@ Rob: I'd be interested in your findings...Can you mail them to me at vasyan(place the at symbol here) mailbox dot golf romeo?Kind regards,

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.