Sign in to follow this  
Guest necigrad

Horizontal Stabilizer failure???

Guest necigrad

OK, it's not, but that's what it seems like. I've got the A320 series, and I'm runninging into a small problem at takeoff. I can takeoff, but very soon after taking off (not more then 200 feet) the plane takes a header into the ground. One time I tried to save it with trim. That worked, until I stopped adding trim. Tried it again, got the nose back up, and turned on the AP, but the nose fell through again. This is not an AFloor issue. I've been doing in excess of 200 knots when this has happened. It MIGHT be associated with raising the gear, but I don't think so. This is in FS9.AMD64 3500+1 Gig PCI2700Leadtek 6800GTWinXP Homeand a partrige in a pear tree

Guest Calum

Hello Necigrad ,i cant think what this is , but similar happened to me once due to overotation. So try only pitching up to 10 degrees once at take-off speed , then very slowly increasing the pitch till you hear that gear stop rolling on solid ground :)If this helps , soon you will be able to pitch it up very smoothly and perfrom a flowing take-off :)If it isnt that , perhaps the correct flap setting or ZFW entry might be needed , i cant be sure.Good LuckCalum

Guest necigrad

I know I'm not overrotating, using incorrect flaps, or putting in a bad ZFW. I didn't mention it before, but this is a fresh install. I formatted when I upgraded and this is a new problem.

I would try going back to the Phoenix site and downl oad the installer again. Then you can choose to rebuild the configs of whatever aircraft you are using. I had the same issue a few weeks back, and that did the trick for me. Allan Burek

Guest necigrad

Nope, that didn't work. Oddly enough though, the problem is only in FS9, not FS02.

Guest norbertk

Try switching to the virtual cockpit view on takeoff.. see if this works for you. I'm having the same problem.

Guest necigrad

Problem solved. Apparantly the spoilers are deploying when set to auto. Haven't tried troubleshooting that one yet. Will start a new thread if needed.

Guest Pavit

Hi everybodyI have the same problem, Norbertk.A340 PSS works perfectly, but A320 series work well only with Virtual View.How did you resolve this problem.ThanksPavitPaulo Victorino

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.