Sign in to follow this  
Guest craigmcwilliams

A320 bad turbulance?

Guest craigmcwilliams

Hi, When cruizing and on auto pilot (speed, heading, alt), randomly the aircraft will buck like a bull at a rodeo, nose drops and rises violently, and usually by the time I recover on manual I have dropped 5-15,000 ft and increase speed to the point that the airframe crashes for being overstressed.I can usually recover when in the cruize from FL310 but when decending and this occurs, the 5-15,000 ft drop is enough to hit the ground and wipe out a long otherwise enjoyable flight. Anyone any ideas if I am missing something or is the model too sensitive to wind?Thanks,Craig

Guest Calum

Craig , good news ...i had this problem and even posted about it quite recently , i had replies about the FSUIPC having to be registered , so if you have a registered FSUIPC , you can change the weather/aircraft effect options in there , to tell the real-world weather what effect to have on the aircraft i believe. But ...if you start up FS , on the main screen go to settings , then go to " Weather " ( in the bottom right corner ) , now check that " disable turbulence effect on aircraft " is checked ( ticked in box ).I didnt have this checked , and it used to crash on 1hour - 1.5hour flights .... i have done just under 3.5 hours there , and no trouble at all , and that was with a 60knt headwind in someparts ! where most trouble is usually caused :) in fact , it actually made it more realsitic , the aircraft " bobbed " just very smoothly by a couple of tens of feet or so ..... as if it was " riding " the turbulence , like the real-aircraft. The winglets really work ;)I dont know why i didnt see this at the start , but am glad now that it does work better , online flying or offline.long post i know , but hope i helpedCalum

Guest Knikolaes

Sosooooo. Basicly what is being said here is the PSS Airbus is rendered useless in 2k4 without a registered copy of FSUIPC? Wow. That's . . . . going to be a bit of hangertime for this baby.Heheh just got a new Boeing AC anyway that is bloody addictive. Will be onm her for a while anyway.Only confusing thing is -- this ONLY effects the A320 series from PSS. The issue does not happen with any of my other PSS aircraft.Chris

Guest Phoenix_7

the message didn't say you must have the registered version of fsuipcit saidif you start up FS , on the main screen go to settings , then go to " Weather " ( in the bottom right corner ) , now check that " disable turbulence effect on aircraft " is checked ( ticked in box ).John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

OOOOOOH Okay. I totally misread that. I apologize.I thought we were talking abouyt a setting in FSUIPC specifically. DOH! LOL. Sorry again.Chris

Guest craigmcwilliams

Thanks John,I purchased FSUIPC and ActiveSky and disabled any weather effects on the aircraft but unfortunatly this didn't help. So this week I took my laptop back to factory restore and installed 'everything' from the beginning again.I am using FSUIPC 3.47, FS 9.1 (fully MS patched) and the latest PSS Airbus download.I have noticed when offline an flying that this occurs as well and only when in the Main Panel view for any length of time, when I see the climb rate needle suddenly head for -9 or +9 when there was no altitude change entered I switch to virtual cockpit or an exterior view and the aircraft stabalises. Very odd.If I go back to the Main Panel I can get away with about 10-30 seconds before it occurs again, quickly changing view stablises it. If I get the aircraft on approach and on the ILS it doesn't occur so I can safely land. I have tested the A319 A320 and A321 and it occurs in all, so I think this may be a panel related problem, faulty gauge?Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,415.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now