Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

FFS Apoligy to Eko for L35 Panel

Okay, after a few days of seeing what was being said about Flight Factory-Simulations, I decided to come out of the woodwork and see what simmers were saying about us. Come to notice, people were upset with the fact that we had placed Eko's panel on our website and had wondered if we had asked for his permission. In fact, that was one of the two major things that WE DID NOT DO. And unfortunatley for us, FFS took a major hit.We contacted Eko and gave him a formal apoligy for our actions. Typically, the carnal rule is, if you are going to host someone elses work on your site, at least ask for permission! And that is something that we completely overlooked. And we regret not thinking about the proper procedure for doing something like this.I am not going to strech this into a novel, however, Flight Factory-Simulations is not afraid to admit it's wrong doings! In fact, if I wouldn't have been told about this being here in the forum, I would have never known. So I contacted Eko about the situation, and we concluded that there was no real harm done, and proper credit was now listed on our site.Now, Flight Factory-Simulations wants the sim community to know that it is sorry for its wrong doing. We in no way tried to avoid, or insult Eko by posting his panel on our website. We wanted this to be a temporary fix until we released our Lear 35 panel. We simply overlooked the must do list in order to post anything other than our own software on our site. We hope that the sim community understands and accepts our apoligies, especially Eko! We want to continue to develope aircraft the way the sim public wants it. And with the first release, we have learned a lot! The do's and dont's, if you will. Eko is allowing us to keep the panel on our website. We are thankful for that! And we support & respect every developer out in the sim community. Heck, we are develpoers to. And I certainly would react to the sim public if anyone did this to us. So we understand, and so does Eko.With that being said, thanks again Eko for allowing us to keep the panel on our site until we get ours up. It is a great panel! K. RauFFS President

Guest eko

Excellent post, and many thanks for making it! It's always nice to see developers be honest and forthcoming. It conveys a sense of "trustworthyness" that is sometimes sorely lacking.Many thanks for the apology, and nothing more need said about it. It was a very minor issue and ultimately of little consequence.Good luck with the Lear35 release, and looking forward to see what else you have in store!

Guest SoarPics

To K.Rau... Thank you for clearing this up. Good luck with your future endeavors (I'm a GA simmer... hint, hint ;) ).To Jorge... You are a true gentleman.Regards,

Guest Kobie1244

Nice job K. Rau. Well said.By the way Eko, nice panel! I use it in the lear 35 from FFS. It is great! Thanks!Kobie :-wave

Guest eko

*BLUSH*Thanks Greg, mighty nice words.I got a followup from FFS in my email today, and they have given me a free download of their GMAX Lear. Totally unnecessary, but very appreciated. I'll have to give it a nice whirl and see how it looks and flies.Many thanks to the FFS folks. A very pleasant surprise indeed! :-)