Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

PSS Airbus Eradic Pitching

Guest Knikolaes

Okay all -- major issue here.I **think** this has to do with the FS9 patch being installed, as I have no other possible solution, but . . . . .I literally have every PSS FS2004 compatable product installed on my machine (yes, I slightly like PSS). They ALL worked beautifully in FS2004. However, after a recent reformat of Windows and a reinstall of FS2004, my FS2004 started crashing at the splash screen.I then found and installed the patch and now FS9 works great again. Sweet. And so does every PSS product. Except for some reason . . . The Airbus A320 Pro will not handle VNAV hardly at all after takeoff. The panel acts wierd (mouse flickering) and it is very hard to click the guages. I know it cant be my graphics card because I have been using the PSS ABPro for months using my ATI. The VNAV issue is this: The plane pitches FAR too eradic -- either is is going almost straight up or it is nosediving for the ground, and it changes these angles as if it is adjusting the pitch straight from one extreme to the other.The plane flies well when I fly her by hand, it is just in autoflight that she freaks out. I have double checked all FMC settings and have done everything by the book, just as I always have with the PSS FMC's. Although she DOES also sometimes freak out on the autothrottle as well. At times like that I cant fly her at all since that is the only way to fly the Airbus is with the "Gate" system.I have installed the latest drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Airbus Pro using the latest version you have for download from my files section.Now -- I know the coding of the ABPro is much the same as the A330/A340 as for panels, right? So I do not see why the ABPro is acting like this, but all others fly beautifully. I have no issuies at all with the A330, A340, Dash 8 or Concorde. I have not yet tried the Vulcan since I repatched, but I am sure this issue is somehow localized to my PSS Pro Panel.Any ideas???Christopher N. Dittmar

Guest copilots

I have the same problems, usually waits till Top of Climb before it starts though.Chris,You can fly the 'busses without the autothrust system engaged. I'm not talking about flight sim but the real world, so your not atually losing any level of reality by hand flying both the stick and throttles.Cheers.

Guest craigmcwilliams

Same problem here, I have only managed to log one 1.7 hour flight in the A320 without this happening (7 times it has occurred now). The pitching with one second your looking at the gound and the next into space happens completly randomly at different stages of flight each time, some at top of climb, during decent or about 2-3 minutes after takeoff at FL060.I have noticed that this occurs only when online, something to do with FSUIPC ?Callum has suggested changing the effects weather has on the aircraft so I'll give this a try...http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=3771&page=

Guest craigmcwilliams

Still the same problem, I have tried removing all weather effects and still have eratic pitching which is unrecoverable. Especially frustrating during online vatsim flights when I disappear during approach or suddenly drop 5,000 ft onto the path of a plane below.I have registered FSUIPC and this doesn't help.Anyone found a solution?

Guest craigmcwilliams

Update:I have discovered that the pitching only occurs when on the Main Panel screen, when the plane begins to pitch down when it should be level a quick change to virtual panel mode it stops instantly. Click back to Main Panel and it is stable for a few seconds before beginning to nose down again, going to virtual or exterior views stabelise it again.Major problem with the Main panel view or the gauges displayed on this screen?If someone who is also experiencing this can try the above to confirm the same results we can begin to find out where the problem is. I am using fully registered versions of FSUIPC, Active Sky and FS2004 9.1 (fully patched), Pro-A320 is latest download from the phoenix site.

Guest Knikolaes

I never tried comparing this to VC and such. Usually in 2D mode during t/o in the PSS Airbus because of no clickability in the VC. All my other AC that have clickability I am a hardcore VC flyer.I have to wait, however, to test that theory, because I just friend my video card. Got a new GeForce 6800Ultra coming as a replacement. 400 bucks -- better improve my simming ROFL.It comes on Tuesday. Once I have that sucker installed I will immediately test out the VC/2D report on my machine and see what happens.Insofar as online, I dfo not fly online -- however the only online access I do is live weather. I was using the FS default live weather updates. I think I tried a flight without though and it still did the same thing.Since the last time I flew her I now have the full version of ActiveSky installed and love the blazes out of it. If weather is not the issue, this will be a blast.Heheh Tuesday . . . get here quick!

Guest georgebuck

I'm having the same problems as you guys - if you've found the solution, please help me out! One moment i'm up in the air fine, next moment the nose is pitching down at 170 000 FPM! I haven't tried changing views yet. What seems to trigger it on my sim is when i change the FMC screen, from PERF to INIT or something like that. It makes the plane unstable and I end up in the ground - not one successfull flight yet, even after owning this aircraft for about 2 months after Christmas.Please help! Please!! :)Regards, George

Guest craigmcwilliams

Hi George,Still not found a soltion, although the problem has definetly been narrowed down to the Airbus Panel and FS2004. Several users (on different forums) have tried different airframes with the panel and it has the same behaviour, all with the Main Panel view, change views and it stabalises (not much use on approach).Are PSS aware and looking into the Panel Problems in FS2004 (v9.1)?We have tested the model with and without FSUIPC and it makes no difference, the aircraft behaves the same way (or doesn't behave if you get what I mean).I have opted to buying other aircraft and these all work perfectly and as expected, but after spending weeks learning the PSS Airbus systems I do think the FMC is far superior if the panels would just work correctly.Please PSS, can someone look into the problem via the forum or is a formal request for support required? Would a video of an example flight help in anyway or something else we can do to help diagnose the problem?Thanks,Craig

Guest NormanB

Gents,As already passed to George a few days ago (I somehow missed this thread) simply open up panel.cfg in your pss-abpro folder. Look for the section entitled [window08]Specifically the line size_mm=1,1Change it tosize_mm=2,2Save. Start FS. Fly.

Guest Knikolaes

Norman -- WOW that is a simple fix. I just changed me CFG file. I will go do a flight inmmmediately and see if it works. Many thanksChris

Guest craigmcwilliams

Thanks Norman,I have the size_mm=2,2 setting but it didn't help, however I made some changes to FSUIPC and I have now completed 4 stable flights in a row, fantastic.In my setup I use both registered versions of FSUIPC and ActiveSky and In FS2004 I set the weather to clear with no wind effects and let ActiveSky provide the far superior weather effects.To get the PSS Airbus to work properly I set FSUIPC (needs to be a registered version) to activate the Winds - Smoothing option and change the settings as follows: Smooth wind changes near aircraft with changes limited to this many knots or degrees per second : 0OR this many seconds for each 1 knot or 1 degree change: 60But, after weather cleared, delay smoothing by this many seconds: 0 This limits the direction or speed of wind in FS2004 to update by 1 knot or 1 degree a minute, I am sure the timeframe could be less 5-10 seconds but this works for me. And for the moment I am not too fussed about wind effects until I fully master the Airbus and I am looking for a challenge.With or without the settings above, when flying press Shift + Z and you can view the current wind effects in FS2004 it is displayed at the end of the row Wind 008 / 0. When there is a big enough change in the Wind direction or speed this is when the Airbus autopilot fails and beings to rock back and forth before stalling. With the settings above there is no big changes and the Airbus flys as expected.In the end this is just a work around, as there is in my opinion, a fault with the PSS Airbus pro panel or config as other payware aircraft are unaffected in the same setup, but it gets the A320 airborne and that's what I am after.Hope this helps someone.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.