Sign in to follow this  
Guest svvceo

PSS330/340 Texture

Guest svvceo

Hi All,I just upgraded my PC and moved from FS2002 to FS9. I followed PSS directions found in this forum to transfer the PSS 330/340 files and the aircraft is working fine, except, the wheels and the engines inlets texture color is gray. Just like when as we see in screen shots of aircraft under development. Any ideas on how to fix that?One last thing, it seems that during the transfer, I missed the 330_usage text file, does anyone know where can I find this file.Thanks in advance.

Guest svvceo

Thanks John for your prompt reply (as usual);)I can't download the installer. I keep getting a message that says:No Internet Connection Could Be Found! :(The problem is that the Internet usage here is controlled by the Gov. When I first d/l the 330/340 package more than a year ago, I have to go to a friend who had a direct satellite link.Any other possible solutions?

Guest Phoenix_7

here's the list of installed files, hope it helps330FS200xAircraftPSS-A330-200PSS-A330-300PSSAB-ProFS200xEffectsPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-A330.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFS200xPSSNavDataFS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_l***340FS200xAircraftPSS-A340-200PSS-A340-300PSSAB-ProFS200xEffectsPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-A330.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFS200xPSSNavDataFS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_lJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

I have the same problem. I haven't converted from one game to the other, however.I've reinstalled both FS9 and AirbusPro software from scratch with everything previously deleted.It's not all the textures that are gone, it starts off as just the wheels, engine mounts and wings but after flying around for a bit it because the entire plane. It doesn't matter which plane I use the same thing happens.The problem occurs with a clean Fs9 with only the 9.1 upgrade and PSS added. Some quickie specsIntel 2.4 Ghz1024 ramRadeon 9600XT (256) - latest drivers (April 7, 2005)Fs9 upgraded to 9.1

I'm still stymied by this problem. Any ideas?Incidently, it's the PSSAirbusPro I'm having problems with.

Guest Phoenix_7

slow texture loading can be caused by other FS settingstry reducing your settings for ATC, AI traffic and autogenalso what are your frames locked at?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

It's not "slow texture loading", it's "textures not loading at all". Wheels, interior cockpits (other than the panels), engine fans, engine mounts, and wing textures are just not loading. They're not even present in the little preview window you see when selecting the plane. After a while of flying the entire plane stops loading textures and it's the bare 3d model. The panels are still there but there are no textures.I've tried bottoming out the settings (did it just now again), including traffic, and selected 10 FPS (and then 32 FPS) and saw the exact same thing. As I've said, I've done this with completely fresh installs of FS9 with nothing in FS other than the patch, PSS, and the PSS panel click patch installed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.