Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCALL

AP tuning

Guest VCALL

I've tried the 330 and 340 some times, but i've almost dropped them due to the their erratic behaviour on climbs, descents, throttle, etc..., with anything more than a rate of 1x and even at 1x.Thanks to another post, i don't remenber by whom i've discovered the trick of the right click on the init page that accesses the ap tuning menu, that is a file that is present on the pss/a3xx folder.This right click looks at some parameters of the AP.First i used the one that reads controlling Pitch with Elevator.I chandged the values to 2, 5, 1500 and suddenly i can take it during climbs cruise, turns, bad weather, etc.. at 4x without any problem. GREAT!!!Then i gave it another look and went to the EPR using Throttle and, i was abble to correct the jerking of the throttles going up and down to maintain airspeed during the approach fase. GREAT!!! My values are 0.015, 0.2, 500.Finally i changed the GLoad with Trimmer, for the following, 0.1, 1, 200. and now i can almost make hands free appoaches and clims, just by slightly moving the joystick to adjust it(the attitude stops were i drop the control and stays there)Now i have both aircraft as some of the most stable in my roster of addons, still not perfect but pretty close to it, and use them a lot.I would like some feedback on someone else that has tried it, and also by the guys at PSS to see if they can explain me what are the graphs on the lower ECAM and what any of those parameters mean. I just tried the on thought, and got lucky, but i would like a more precise understanding of it.Thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,380.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now