Sign in to follow this  
Guest almoto

ILS approach with Airbus Pro

Guest almoto

ok i may be repeating a old tired topic, but I am having some issues during a ILS approach when i manually insert the nav freq i cannot get the AP to engage either the loc or the appr modes and when i look at the MDCU red/nav pg all the selections are darkened. now I'm sure its me because it was working before.

Guest enriqueo

I am having thge same problem. I started with the defaulr Cessna and ensured the avionics sw was on. For some reason, at some point the avionics sw gets turned off when calling up the PSS A3XX. Also, the landing lights are missing and cannot change the ADF freq in the MCDU. I have the latest FSUPIC 3.47.I have installed Lago's MD-80 and LDS 767 recently, and perhaps that could have been part of the problem.Do you remember when you started having this problem?eosuna.gif

Guest almoto

Upon further test flts I have found that if i let the the fms set the ILS it will let me engage the APPR mode

Guest dt1951

That's fine, but I would also like to set it manually too. I have played around with the MCDU during all phases of flight, but if I mess it up too mcuh, then I can't get it to accept the new airport setting. Also, for most US airports, there is no way of knowing very far in advance what the landing runway is going to be. Can you set that during the descent and approach?Dan

Guest vrandar

Yes, you can set and change the landing runway at any time.

Guest Calum

Going further into what Rob says ,yes you can set an arrival runway and STAR at anytime from taxi out until IAF ( Initial Approach Fix ) ( you can set it after that but it requires a little bit of juggling around of waypoints ).The best thing to do is have it set nice and early , and if flying on IVAO / VATSIM , you can get a METAR for your destination airport no matter where it is in the world , so you can judge by the wind direction what the runway will be ( and just keep updating it until the end of descent , then you should know what the wind is doing ).Calum

ILS in the Airbus is supposed to be set through the MCDU. That's the way it is supposed to work.Nothing prevents you from setting it manually and flying a manual ILS approach of course.

Guest Calum

Yes , with correct arrival runway set , the MCDU can find the freq. in its database , but Dan wanted to know manually , which is good to know.Calum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.