Sign in to follow this  
Guest rodnbr

PSS Airbus A340-300 autopilot problem

Guest rodnbr

Hi there,I am experiencing a problem with my Airbus A340-300 to enable the autopilot to control altitude. The other commands can be controlled by the autopilot without problems.I followed the "Singapore to Hong Kong" tutorial word by word more than once and, invariably, the altitude cannot be controlled by the autopilot. I tried some experiments of my own with the autopilot and everythink goes fine but the altitude. It is timely to say that the altitude can be controlled by the autopilot in other aircrafts.I am eager to hear from you,thanks-Rilson

Guest Calum

Hello Rilson ,So just so i understand , could you explain what happens when you left or right click the centre of the ALT selector on the FCU ( the autopilot ) during departure or in flight. Then i hope i can add some information to try and help.Thanks Calum

Guest rodnbr

Calum,I am attaching two snapshots of what happens when I left and right click the center of the ALT selector. This pictures I took during flight. Whenever I click, the autopilot does not take control. On the left most screen appears ALT*, ALT, VS+0000, etc, however, nothing happens to affect autopilot.thank you for help-Rilson

Guest Calum

O.k Rilson ,this may sound funny , but i think you are actually flying around 37000ft ! :) That is why the speed wants to increas to CRZ speedWhat has happened is in the FS setting , you have displayed altitude as meters instead of feet , an easy mistake to make probably.Thanks for the piccies , they made it easier :)I hope that fixes it.Calum

Guest rodnbr

Calum,I am sorry to say that my FS settings - International, Units of Measure is currently set to "U.S. System". I understand that it means altimeter in feet, right? :(-Rilson

Guest Calum

I am not sure of U.S ,try it in altitude in feet and let me know :)Calum

Guest rodnbr

Calum,It did not work. I set 6000 on altimeter, the aircraft didn't stop neither in 6000 meters nor in 19685 feet... :( Simply put, the altitude is not been controlled by this lazy autopilot.regards,-Rilson

Guest Calum

hm , i am not sure what can be up with it then Rilson ,i would suggest a re-install or something , or hopefully someone else on here has info.Good LuckCalum

Guest swami

Hey guys, I have the exact problem as we speak. The autothrottle works fine in all stages and the lateral navigation works as it should, but the vertical guidance is .. well 'disabled'. It worked the first few times after installation, but I must've done something that made it malfunction..

Guest swami

I solved it by deleting my FSUIPC registration key. I am now using an unregistered version, but everything is functioning as it should. Fact is, a registered version of FSUIPC ALWAYS screws things up for me with several payware aircrafts including PSS Airbus and PMDG BNG..

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.