Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maddon

A340 300 Speed

Guest Maddon

Hi Since I got this bird I can't stop flying it.I have had a lot of successful flights but on 2 occasions the speed will not reduce which when on approach means 290+. I therefore have to declare missed and shutting FS down.Has anyone had this problem?Maddon

Guest Calum

Hello Maddon ,good to hear your enjoying A340Pro , but i think i need a little more information before i can help out ( if i can ).On approach , you have Autothrottle engaged and AP1 on following in the STAR / Approach , what happens when the aircraft reaches the small purple (D) on the Navigation Display route ? This should automatically start the deceleration of the aircraft down to around 190-200knts without help from anyone. Then , once Config 2 flaps is in , the speed again should automatically reduce to VAPP , your approach speed , and be at Vref by landing with the full config and gear down :)Is there something different happeneing on yours ?it shouldnt happen often , but if you do have to go-around , no way should you give up and shut FS down , just bring it round for another go , and bring autothrottle off , the AP1 and AP2 can still fly a full autoland , then just get VAPP and VREF from the MCDU PERF APP page , and adjust the throttle to work your way down the ILS and the callouts will still be the same , just idle it at the " Retard " callout.This is good practice in case you ever have to go manual on the throttle on an approach , and it will stop your flying from ending unrealstically :)Calum

Guest Maddon

Hi thereThanks for the reply. The problem arises when I start my decent. When at cruise alt I right click ALT for open decent. The PFD shows DECELERATE but the bird just will not slow up.When I activate the approach in the MCDU the speed still will not slow up.Even after dropping Flaps to CONFIG 2. Then on approach, speed in access of 290.This has happened on 2 occasions.Considering how many successful flights I 've completed perhaps I've no need to worry and it's just a computer glitch.Maddon

Guest Calum

Hi Maddon ,i recommend a LEFT click on the ALT selector , giving you a managed descent. Also , have you tried putting the speedbrakes out to slow your speed and then watching what happens.Calum

Guest Maddon

Hi CalumThanks for the reply.Re the speedbrakes - that did not slow the speed either.I'll complete a few more flights and monitor the situation and possibly take a few screenies.Maddon

Guest Calum

O.k Maddon ,keep me informed :)Good LuckCalum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.