Sign in to follow this  

Lago's Twin Otter

This question is for those of you who own this aircraft. How resource intensive is this add-on? I have a 1 ghz + 512 ram machine. Thanks for any replies.Daveby the way throw out some comments about what you think about the twotter (I know most will anyway)

Guest Timbo

Well I just picked it up today so my comments come from only about 20 minutes of use. It's very impressive so far, particularly the sounds and panel. The visual model is also very nice. I'd wait for more opinions though, because like I said, this is only after a very limited usage.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[/td][/tr][tr][td colspan=2]

Last updated Dec. 31

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Dave,I've found it to be a little bit more resource-hungry than most payware, but still quite flyable. It's definitely got a great looking VC, and the exterior model looks good as well. Overall I'm quite happy with my copy.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Agree completely about it being more resource hungry than most, usually flyable but occasionally too slow on the frame rates (like in clouds). My specs for CPU and RAM are identical to yours. I bought it right when it was released in an uncharacteristic fit of irrational exuberance, and there was a frustrating sequence of patches. But the final, final, final version has faithful flight dynamics and the good visuals as noted above. If you're interested in the real thing, you should like it.

ugcx_banner.png

Well said. To elaborate, it runs just fine on my PIV-1.6 with GF2 card and 1024MB RAM.Not noticably faster or slower than other complex (modelled) aircraft.Lago did a fantastic job (together with Igor Supronov, who's still recovering I believe) in fixing the deficiencies and mistakes in the original and listening to end users whereever possible and reasonable.

Guest jason2112

I, too, have the same setup that you mentioned. My FPS are "in the green region", like in most other planes. But one thing that really annoys me is the delay it causes when you want to open the menu bar - about 3 seconds. I really don't understand what's the reason for that. There are numerous ressource hungry panels, but none of the ones I tried comes even close to this delay.Normally I really enjoy replays, I watch my takeoff and landing almost every time. And when I'm not in the mood for "serious" flying, I just try out some airports, start, maybe do a traffic pattern, and then go on to another one. All this is no real fun when I have to wait several seconds until I can access the menu. And this *small* inconvenience keeps me from using it most of the time. I had read about this before and thought, well, that's certainly no big point. But it's so subtly annoying that I generally choose another plane.So the Twotter has become my least used payware plane, unfortunately. The 3D exterior model is gorgeous, and the VC is outstanding, although it does not feel too real - far to polished for the rugged Twin Otter. Oh yes, one other thing I don't like are the liveries, they look somewhat washed-out, at least on my system. But it's a joy to fly if you keep your eyes on the elevator trim.In the end, I would not buy this one again. I feel a bit sorry about posting this, as the guys from LAGO are extremely friendly, and I really like their sceneries (I've got Emma and some TerraMesh, would like to get the GeoRender series some day). But on the other hand that does not change anything about this plane.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker

Thanks for the opinions everyone! I will probably buy it this weekend after hearing that people with my system specs don't come across many problems. Thanks again!dave