Sign in to follow this  
LEFTSEAT

Questions for A320 owners.....

I'm considering purchasing the A320 but would like to know if the autotrim is functional & what is the best FDE to use with or without IFDG? Also is there anything that is not functional ?Regards/greg

Guest Calum

Hello ,i very highly recommend this purchase ( i think it has to be from the internet now though , not see in shops for ages ).The autotrim does work and work well at that , its just needs few seconds for you to notice the difference , but you can feel it working , just like the real one , talking of real ...You can reasistically start it up and operate it right through to shut down. Can be flown online ( VATSIM / IVAO / other ) with no hassle ( you can make it do what you want it to do very easily if you know how ( just like real one ).Very-realistic MCDU , and systems like ECAM , FCU ( autopilot ) and autothrottle.Really , there is just no other product out there for someone who likes or wants to learn to operate the A320 as realistically as possible , and with all the help available on here , problems should be able to be solved.One other thing i have just recently found out after reading on another topic that it didnt work ... was the Airway/waypoint function ! I knew it was working on the A340Pro , but i remember one of the staff saying it couldnt work in FS2002 ( what the product was made for ( but brilliantly updated to FS2004 )) ...No longer having to type each exact waypoint , you just Laterally Revise from your last waypoint , enter the airway you are following , enter the waypoint you want to stop following the Airway at , and all waypoints along that route get entered automatically , ending at the one you want it to end it...This makes it much , much quicker and realistic , i have entered Airway/Waypoint tabs where as many as 7 waypoints came up along the route all programmed for me. Brilliant 5*/5* :)Calum

non functional are the fire extinguishers, flight computer reset buttons, and the airconditioning (except the on/off buttons).That's about it.

Thanks to you both for your replies. I have about 6 years r/w experience with the A319/320/321 and am considering modifying the 2d cockpit using a new main panel bitmap from r/w photos. I also havea concern with the pitch problem reported lately.Greg

Guest Calum

hello ,the MCDU reset buttons do work :)LeftSeat ,that sounds like a good idea , so you mean like a Right hand seat veiw for FS ? Or just making a new photorealistic panel ?There is one or two patches out for the A320Pro now , and i ( and many others ) havent experienced an unexpected pitch problem or anything , so it should'nt be a problem.Calum

No, Just a better perspective from the left seat in the 2d panel. I'm not sure how or if it will work, but I'll take some shots next time I'm in the sim.Greg

No pitch problems here if trim and load her properly before takeoff.Because of FS limitations (probably) you will have to set takeoff trim manually if different from 0.0, the rest is automatic.Maybe people with problems set takeoff trim in the MCDU then don't trim the aircraft to match. I think this could cause the computers to be confused as to what the actual trim is and overcompensate causing porpoising (but I haven't tried this...).

Guest Calum

LeftSeat ,yeah cool , thanks Calum

Guest vrandar

You shouldn't have to set the trim manually if using the iFDG/PSS merge.I agree with all the comments here - overall a great package.

Guest Calum

Yip ,You dont set anything when entering the Flaps/Trim setting in the MCDU Take-off Page , its purely a reminder of what you have set or what you still have to set , it can be different.Calum

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.