Sign in to follow this  
Guest klau5e

PSS Pro Crz Speed Problems

Guest klau5e

Hey Guys,Firstly, awesome piece of kit.Couple of questions though,1)When in cruise flight, my aircraft will only cruise at 350kts, and not the "mach" mode as stated in the manuals. I can't increase the autopilot speed any higher than this (trying to cruise at M0.80)2)The loadedit function doesn't actually seem to update my a/c config, i have to manually change the weights.Any help with these would be great. Thanks in Advance,Mark Coles

350kts at crz? overspeed isn't it? what height are you at, got to be at least at FL280 for a decent mach speed.

Michael Stevens

Guest NormanB

The loadedit will not work if you have the aircraft open in FS.350 KIAS would be overspeed. Set the display to mach. You will also see mach at the bottom of the speed tape.

Guest paull

Hi all I seem to be having the same problem.I set everthing as per the tutorial,using weight and fuel programs ,taxi,take off,climb all ok in managed mode, but when I reach cruise altitude it only accelarates to between .51 to.55 dependent upon cost index.If I change the mach on the fcu it then accelerates to .60, which is also shown on the speed tape as 360 kts at which point it stops accelerating and holds that speed(when it reaches the red area on the speed tape)I checked to see what the mcdu predicted the cruise speed to be on the crz page before I reached that point in the flight and this was.84,but as the plane levelled off at cruise altitude it reset itself to.54. This was at FL310 with a tail wind ,and the cost index set to 100 (set to 100 to see if it would get past .55 in managed mode)After this the managed decent was also ok. Tried everything I can think of to sort it out to no avail.This is happening on the a319/320/321.So if I'm missing something here, I would really appreciate a pointer in the right direction.many thanks in advancePaull

Guest Niels_C

Hmmm,Very roughly, 290kt at FL310 ~ .78Is your FS set up properly?Forget the settings right now, but some measures can be set to "imperial" or metric.Check your PSS docs please for details.

Guest paull

Hi Thankyou for your replyI always use the loadedit and save before i choose the aircraft in fs9,if this is the right way to do it(?). So this seems to discount this as a possible reason.As far as the display is concerned,the mach figure I am quoting is from the bottom of the speed tape. The only difference I have noticed from the tutorial is that when I approach TOC (still in managed mode), the PFD says "SPEED / ALT* / NAV", then when crz altitude is reached, it changes to "SPEED / ALT CRZ / NAV". The tutorial has these down as MACH not SPEED. Using the FCU, I manualy changed it to MACH, but the mach value at the bottom of the speed tape did not change. eg.(as I mentioned in my first posting)if I change the mach value in the FCU, and go to selected mode, the blue triangle on the speed tape will go no higher than approx 360 kts ie where it meets the red area on the speed tape, and therefore the mach value shown at the bottom of the speed tape is its equivalent(approx .60)and will go no faster.Could any of this be relevant?again many thanks in advancepaull

Guest dynamania

Good evening guys...we surely know what does 350 kts mean, but here what happens in details:at cruise level, i just expect that the Airbus: A32X, A330 and A340 will just accelerate to the cruise speed of .80 mach, at that speed the nose pitch won't be more than 3 degrees up! but the pitch is some 7 degrees UP, that indicates that you are flying at a very low speed,, second of all, no matter what you do: change your cruise altitude and try to edit the cruise speed in the MCDU, or change the value in FCU to mach .80 nothing happens, it reaches 350 kias and the speeds in the speed column are marked with RED after that speed, the only way to get around that is Disconnect the A/THR and accelerate manuallyone more thing, if you push the speed button on the FCU for the managed mood, the speed drops to 300 o 298 kias.. which was the climb speedThe climb speed itself if modified in the MCDU, after take off you just see the selected speed and not the "---" which does not sound right... soin general, the flight system is restricting your speed all the way and you cannot go around thisshould i look somewhere for the maximum mach speed or somethingFS 2004 sp1, on windows XP pro SP2GFORCE 4 64 MB, 512 MB of RAM etc etc

Guest dynamania

Infact, you have to set the Display airseepd to: "Display Indicated Air Speed" and NOT the "True Air Speed"to do this go to your Flight Simulator "Settings >>> Realism Settings" and see if Indicated Air seepd is checked, If Not, so Check it. and thats the Real-Life display anyway. that's all :)dynamaniaa die-hard airbus fan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,290.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now