Sign in to follow this  
Guest VCALL

fuel quantities in flight

Guest VCALL

hii've experienced this problem severall times both in the 330 and in the 340.The thing is:the fuel quantities are different in the left and right tanks, after a few hours flying, usually this can go up tp 1500 kg leading to some unusual behavoiur manually flying (one side heavier). The nubers for the fuel comsumption and used are the same for both engines.As anyone got this problem and why is it happening?

Guest Calum

Hi VCALL ,Try turning on the Fuel X-Feed on the Overhead " FUEL " section , although you shouldnt need to use it all the time , try it anyway.I dont know what else could be up with it.Calum

I'm having the same problem. Just got the 330 today. I already have the 340. Did a flight from KPDX to RJAA and the fuel got out of balance. So I used the x feed and got them balanced, but once I turned off the x feed they got out again. The #1 engine seemed to use more fuel.

John K

Guest VCALL

i've already tried having just the xfeed on and pumps on, x feed on and pumps on the bad side off (for balance), and the thing still persists.Maybe just a bug.easy to control, but it doesn't allow much room to go watch tv, if the levels are low, maybe i can run out of fuel:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,455.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now