Sign in to follow this  
Guest jscharpf

PSS training?

Guest jscharpf

Hello all.I've recently purchased the PSS A319/320/321 series for FS9 and I think it's great! I have no technical problems but I think I'm rather stupid because I'm having trouble understanding the following items. (If there is a good tutorial or training program out there, or someone will to teach me, that would be great!)Or maybe just point me to the page numbers in the manual that talk about these items, I don't want to take up anyones time too much if it's all in front of my nose lol. Dialing in a course. I don't know where to do this (let's say I want to manually set an ILS frequency and course). Tuning the radios. The only place I find these is on the panel that has the throttle. I sort of figured out how to change the NAV1 radio, by clicking a couple of buttons beneath the digital display, but I'm not sure what I'm doing.Bypassing the flight plan in the FMC to do something manual, such as fly to a heading. I had to reset the FMC in order to stop the plane from flying the flight plan lol. Just wondering if there's a way to just set an altitude and heading and put it on autopilot.I bet I look pretty stupid up there clicking all the switches :)..I was able to enter a flight plan waypoint by waypoint, takeoff, and it seemed to work great flying the route by itself, but when it came time to change (ATC vectoring me) I was clueless as to how to take control back.HAL: "I'm sorry Jeff, I can't let you take control of the plane!" lolanyway.. points and tips are greatly appreciated!Thanks!Jeff

Guest jscharpf

Thank you!I just downloaded 3 tutorials.I'll be busy today :)Jeff

Guest vrandar

Also, have a look at the tutorials available from the British Airways Virtual Airbus hangar in my sig below. The Glasgow to LHR tutorial flight is now very out of date (it was written for FS2002) and is being updated, but it might still help, and there are others there as well.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.