Sign in to follow this  
jeffhunter

Recurrence of same old black screen problem

I recently replaced my old pc - on which I'd long given up trying to use the pss airbus series, because of a complete inability to avoid a black screen crash at rte entry on the flight computer.I decided to give PSS another go on my new rig, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it worked perfectly - until today.Last night I upgraded to the latest version of fuipc - 3.48. That caused all my pfd's to go blank, so I deleted the fsuipc.ini file - problem fixed. That was the only change I made - no navdata updates, nothing. Now, though, when I go to enter the route (KLAX/NZAA) in the 340-300, the black screen of death appears --aargh!! FSUIPC rollback does not make any difference.My specs areAthlon 64 3800+A8N-SLI 2 gig pc3200256 mb Geforce 6800 ultra PCIeWinXP SP2Realtek AC97 7.1 soundFS 9.1My fs default startup is the stock 172 - engines running with mags/avionics on.I've searched the forum, and although I've seen I'm not alone, there don't seem to be any solutions either. I'd really appreciate some help, guys.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest NormanB

You need to use the default startup situation. Jumping into a cessna and parking at Seattle and saving isnt actually the same thing.Based on that startup situation whilst in 2d mode, change to the airbus.Now you should have all glass screens active.Save this situation, set as default if you wish.

Ok, used the default cessna at Seattle. That got my pfd's back up and running. However, I still get the black screen that requires taskmanager to exit fs as soon as I start inputting data to the fmc. eg today yssy/vhhh in the 330-200 caused a crash. Yesterday I was able to enter to/from but when eneI was prompted to select a particular fix from a number of the same name - black screen again. This problem has persisted over three different pc's now...very frustrating.Navdata in installed correctly, btw.Jeff

Jeff Hunter

Guest bigferno

Tried to use both PSS Airbus 319/320 and Dash 8 both now CTD when trying to enter anything into FMC. Updated fsuipc but no luck, My concorde still flies though, no toublesome fmc there.If anyone can find a solution I would be very glad to hear it.Grant.

Guest Phoenix_7

what is your operating systemcan you provide more details on exactly what you are doingwhat is your startup flighthow do you select the Airbuswhat airportwhat are you entering in from/toJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest bigferno

Hi system is xp pro sp2, Athlon xp 3200+, radeon 9800se softmodded.FS9 with patch.I have had both airbus pro and dash 8 for sometime now but have been tied up recently with your concorde (no ctd yet). Today I tried a flight from Edinburgh to London. Loaded the Dash 8 first from the 2d view in default flight cessna SF.Then moved to Edinburgh where I open the fmc and try to load fs flight plan. The plans show in the fmc but when the select key is pressed it crashes to desktop. The windows error thingy opens up (the thing that asks if you want to send error report to microsoft) and says that the error is due to dash8.gau or something similar.I have tried diferent scenarios eg loading dash 8 at sf then loading a pss flightplan same thing happens.I then tried the airbus pro 320 exactly the same happened again.I have always loaded from the default cessna in 2d view.Grant.

Guest bigferno

Exactly the same happens. open fms panel, after initialization press accept, then do the fuel page, then press fpl enter airport id press enter crash to desktop.I am trying to find an older fsuipc because that seems to be the only thing I have changed recently but cant find one on the net.Grant

Guest bigferno

Replaced my graphics driver to latest softmod, loaded fs default flight then dash 8, entered fpl in fms wow it worked. But only for this flight. Came out restarted tried it again no joy back to ctd.I have uninstalled both airbus pro and dash8 and will try again later. I am going to watch Liverpool on TV.Grant

Guest euroberlin

Hi folks,I have just installes fsuipc.ddl version 3.48 and I have the same problem, just black fields instead of the right showings of the nd, pfd etc.... WHO KNOWS A SOLUTION????????????Thanks already

Ok, used the default cessna at Seattle. That got my pfd's back up and running. However, I still get the black screen that requires taskmanager to exit fs as soon as I start inputting data to the fmc. eg today yssy/vhhh in the 330-200 caused a crash. Yesterday I was able to enter to/from but when eneI was prompted to select a particular fix from a number of the same name - black screen again. This problem has persisted over three different pc's now...very frustrating.Navdata in installed correctly, btw.Jeff
I'll see if this works.Daniel

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.