Sign in to follow this  
Guest jscharpf

Looking for opinions/suggestions and another dead battery question.

Guest jscharpf

Just wondering who has used the IFDG Airbus with the PSS panel and if so, what are the advantages to this? (I have downloade Robs tutorial from BAV site regarding this change)Should I do this or just keep the PSS? (In other words why what does the IFDG Airbus give me that PSS doesn't and does it apply to all 3 ?(A319/A320/A321)Also, am I correct to assume that this (above) does NOT solve the dead battery issue or does it?And a question:I noticed that just re-installing FSUIPC fixed my dead battery issue for a while (a few flights, then it was back to the same). If I pay for FSUIPC, will this resolve this issue completely so I don't have to load the default aircraft, etc..?Thanks!Jeff

Guest vrandar

I use the iFDG/PSS merged Airbus A319, A320 and A321 90% of the time. The model and flight dynamics are, in my view, better than the pure PSS. A lot of work has gone into the iFDG FDE to make it as realistic as possible. This is no criticism in any way of PSS (of whom I am a big supporter), it's just that more work has been done on the flight dynamics since PSS released theirs.The A319 and A321 still seem to me to have best flight dynamics in the iFDG. The A320 was not as good for quite a while but a new version of the FDE has improved things a lot. Nevertheless the A319 is my favourite by a mile.Even with the iFDG/PSS you should still load a default aircraft first then switch to the Airbus. If you go straight to the Airbus you are likely to see the dead battery glitch.I've received your email Jeff and will answer it shortly.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.