Sign in to follow this  
Guest aaa_1126

A320 does NOT rotate on takeoff...

Guest aaa_1126

Hi all,I just downloaded the A320 and I can't rotate the darn thing off the ground. It gets up to 170+ kts before I run off the runway and crash into a lake. Nothing happens. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I had my flaps set as well. I've got the PSS A340 and no problems whatsoever there.Thanks!

Guest speight

Try setting your trim to 2.4 and flaps 2 or 3 with a flex of around minus 25.HTH

Guest tango_golf

Howard,That, along with the FSUPIC works a treat - for me, it was the pitch trim!Thanks very much for your help.(Norman, you can delete the other thread if you'd like)

Guest radar12

I am having the same problem, PSS A321 will not maintain thrust to reach Vr. When I attempt takeoff in either flex or toga throttle settings - takeoff will ultimately abort. Can someone please assist.FS9.1------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 5/24/2005, 01:45:09 Machine name: Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC. System Model: A7N8X2.0 BIOS: Ver 1.65 Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz Memory: 768MB RAM Page File: 898MB used, 976MB available Windows Dir: C:WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce4 Ti 4200 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_10DE&DEV_0253&SUBSYS_800717F2&REV_A3 Display Memory: 128.0 MB Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200 Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7184 (English) DDI Version: 9 (or higher)Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 2/24/2005 07:32:00, 3973888 bytes

Guest mzett

I have been having this same problem regarding being unable to get any of the A319-321 Airbuses to rotate. I have tried the suggestions made here, but I realized I may not be doing them correctly. Can someone verify for me the following.How do you set trim? Is it an entry on the takeoff page?What is the significance of Trim UP/Down? Suggestion was 2.4 trim but no indication as to up or down. (I tried both without success)I've also tried flaps 2 and 3 as well as toga manual.I also tried the flex -25 setting to no avail. I am currently using FSUIPC version 3.48 registered and have tried going back to an earlier version to no avail.I have never been able to get this plane off the ground, although I have had no problems (relatively speaking) with the A330-340).ThanksMike

Yes, all you have to do is to set your trim manually by clicking on 'fctl' in the lower eicas and set the trim to +2.0. That setting will get you into the air easily.Although the airbus had an automatic 'trim' in FS2002, PSS updated it for FS9 but the 'auto-trim dosen't operate in FS9.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest mzett

I did find the trim dn setting and set it to +2. I still cannot get this plane off the ground. It is frustrating. I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can't think what it might be. All other takeoff settings are set flaps 3, fd, a/thr in managed mode (... in speed window) and I tried flex42 and flex-25. Can you think of any other reason I cannot rotate this plane. I have a CH Combat Stick which I have recalibrated. Thanks again for you help all.Mike

Mike,There is no earthly reason why your 'bus' should not take off using the suggested settings.You must have a hardware problem.My last suggestion would be to use the keyboard assignments to test that possible eventuality? You could also check out your fuel settings within the 'Aircraft/Fuel' adjustments to see if the aircraft is properly balanced.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.