Sign in to follow this  
Guest eddk_dirk

No actually SID and STARs for PSS

Guest eddk_dirk

I have the Problem, that every time other Addon Aircrafts (like PMDG) has the newest SID and STARs, but not the PSS Airbus.EDDK par example has the KUMIK SIDs since ca 2 years, we PSS Pilots have to use the old SIGEN SIDs !!Since yesterday, Cologne has new departures, new STARs ... and TRANSITIONS.Also D

Guest vrandar

But the basic - inmho rather huge - problem with Terry's files is that they are nowhere near complete. Just as an example for those of us in the UK; the current SID and STAR files don't have Heathrow EGLL or Gatwick EGKK at all! So if you just back up the originals and use Terry's replacements you might be lucky and therer will be a SID or STAR for the airport you choose, but the chances are you will not be. It is unfortunately necessary to do a laborious cut and paste and merge his files with the original ones in order to overcome this.

Guest lhpilot

Hi Dirk!What do you mean that there is nothing at navdata???It's an incredible page! There are always the AIRAC updates as in real world! You can download the data for several addons, for PSS of course too and it does work with my PSS Airbus!So what is your problem with Navdata? ~~~ GO AIRBUS GO ~~~++ DLH246 ++ News Manager @ www.lhfspilots.com ++

Guest eddk_dirk

Thanks for trying to help.But I know all the links, because I posted this Problem in a lot of other Boards. All the answers would be the same. But on the links there are not all SID and STARs.I know, that there is no way to have a complete Database for all small Airports in the World. But I think that Cologne and D

Guest vrandar

Yes that wasn't the issue and personally I have up to date SIDS and STARs for UK airports. The problem was that without doing a cut and paste you can't use the Terry Yingling files as they are because of the vast amount of data that's missing from them.

Guest eddk_dirk

What about a answer to my question ?

Guest stang

>SIDS and STARs for UK airports. The problem was that without>doing a cut and paste you can't use the Terry Yingling filesHi RobI wrote a utility to eliminate the cut and paste problem. It's called PSS Insert and is at http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/html/pss_utilities.html. It will take whole airports or individual procedures and insert them automatically into the SID or STAR file in the /PSS/NavData folder. Give it a try and see if it helps.RegardsTerry

Guest thomas_hartung

>I wrote a utility to eliminate the cut and paste problem. >It's called PSS Insert and is at>http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/html/pss_utilities.html. >It will take whole airports or individual procedures and>insert them automatically into the SID or STAR file in the>/PSS/NavData folder. Give it a try and see if it helps.I just tried it as described. Got your tool and the pss_procedure, fixed the KBAF-thing and started your tool.1) I used the "ORIGINAL" option: I killed the process after 20 Minutes, the SID file had 2 GB of size. Some 12MB of data, the rest all newlines!2) I used the "CURRENT" option: the programm stopped because of "using an AIO fileI'm confused ????CheersThomas

Guest mvld

I have had the same problem, and I can't get pss_insert to work properly with my SIDs and STARs.Maybe someone can help us find what's wrong?TIA

Guest stang

Hi Thomas.I will have to try and duplicate your situation to see why it ran on like it did.1. Did you correct the original PSS SID file as outlined in the Read This.txt file?2. I will need a copy of what you were trying to insert so I can try to duplicate your problem. Can you send me a copy (planepath@sw.rr.com) of all the files you were trying to insert at the time of the problem? 3. Version 1.2 of PSS Insert detects the AIO file and will stop if it is being used. Too many format problems in it for me to detect all them and try to correct, if they can be corrected.RegardsTerryPlanePath

Guest thomas_hartung

>1. Did you correct the original PSS SID file as outlined in>the Read This.txt file?I hope so :-)>2. I will need a copy of what you were trying to insert so I>can try to duplicate your problem. Can you send me a copy>(planepath@sw.rr.com) of all the files you were trying to>insert at the time of the problem? I'll send you my original file today.As import file I used your files fromhttp://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/PSS_Procedures_0505.zipCheersThomas

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.