Sign in to follow this  
Guest mzett

Cannot reach VR

Guest mzett

I am trying to use the EHAM/EHAM tutorial for the A321V. I load the FMC, make the necessary loadings (fuel block, zfw, etc.) line up on the runway and press ++ for FLX 42 takeoff. I reach about 115-120 knots and I get what appears to be a rejected takeoff; speed starts to decrease and I cannot go any further. I have tried this 3 or 4 times with the same results. I have been flying the A340-330 and have had no problems taking off. My problem seems a little different from a previous post about not being able to rotate as I cannot get to rotate speed. Any ideas would be appreciated. The plane seems to be trimmed properly or at least I believe I have followed the directions in the tutorial to the letter. I have tried using A319 and the A320 as well to no avail. ThanksMike

Guest mzett

Yes! I use a CH Combat Stick. In order to advance the throttles, I do move the throttle forward until the plane is moving. I then hit + + for Flex 42. I reach about 100 knots and the plane rejects the takeoff.Mike

Guest Phoenix_7

I believe the auto-throttle and manual stick throttle are conflictingafter pressing ++set your stick throttle to full and leave it at that positionJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest mzett

Thank you. I am now able to reach VR, but I cannot rotate. I will read the other posts again about this issue.Mike

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.