Sign in to follow this  
Guest amcdade

A340-300 Gear stays down = no climb to FL370

Guest amcdade

Using the KMIA to KJFK tutorial. All programming etc is by the book! After take off I select gear up (G on keyboard)then select AP (Ctrl-Z). Switch to Shift-S view and even though the gear lever is up in the cockpit view the gear is shown to be down in the outside view. I have toggled the gear up and down both using the 'G' key and mouse to move the lever up and down. No change.Also the managed climb does not appear to work but this could be because the gear is down. Tried exiting FS9 and restarted. Tried reinstalling all make no difference. Even gave up and now I'm back after doing other flights to the same problemAny clues anyone?

Guest amcdade

Not clear what you mean "sounds like you have a dead battery"Do you mean in the simulation or in my PC?In the simulation all 3 Bat are on and showing 27.x volts.In my PC it is a brand new M'bd.You then say "always start FS with the default flight"I have been following what it says in the tutorial page 5 and it dosen't mention anything about starting MS2004 at the default flight which I assume is the Cessna 172 at Meigs? Correct?Your help appreciated.

Guest Phoenix_7

the dead battery bug is in flightsimif you have the registered version of FSUIPC, after starting FS, select Modules, FSUIPC, select the Technical tab, check 'extend battery'you should also always start FS with the default flight, engines run, avionics on, the default flight will be shown at the 'create a flight menu', you can then switch to the AirbusJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

John's explanation is of course correct but can I add that this does not mean you have to start the Airbus with the engines running. You can still do a cold and dark start if this has been set in your panel config.By the way, I always start with the default Boeing 737 then switch to a cold and dark Airbus, but I have not got the "extend battery indefinitely" box checked in FSUIPC and it works fine every time. But you might need to check this box if you still get the problem. But try it with the default flight then the Airbus and see what happens for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.