Sign in to follow this  
Guest leopoldo

The INTCPT -> in MCDU

Guest leopoldo

Hi.I wonder who can I input in the MCDU a Radial Intercept? (INTCPT->)In the 767 LDS I input .INT/Radial/Heading/A/HRegardsLeopoldo

Guest vrandar

But before you beat up PSS for missing this out, can I point out that inbound radials are a problem for the rw Airbus as well. Whilst the rw MCDU can do a bit more in this case than PSS' version it still doesn't let you do what appears to be possible with aircraft like the 767 (and presumably other Boeings). As the Professor McDoo Airbus MCDU Study Guide says:"..so...all you have to do is sit back and watch Fifi intercept the radial and fly inbound, right? VERY IMPORTANT - the Airbus does NOT (more accurately can not) intercept and track radials in raw data....the PF would have to use HDG SEL to turn, intercept and fly the radial".But it is possible to get someway close by using PBD or PBX fixes FROM the VOR you wish to fly towards.

Guest west indian

In the a340 mcdu, insert your point in L1 {be it VOR,NDB}from a DIRECT TO, and it will then ask you in R1 and R2 RADIAL IN in and RADIAL OUT. You then input which you desire in the blank space. You will then receive a dashed green line of your requested radial. the aircraft will then look for the shortest intercept course to fly that requested radial...West Indian...

Guest CS-THV

And you can't do that either in the real 767.That feature was added by Level-D so each user can make SIDs and STARs, without having to mess with the Procedure.xml file manually.

Intercepts don't normally happen anyway because airways are usually flown and pseudo waypoints are usually used in the landing phases for which airways are not used. If an intercept has to be used a direct to waypoint on the airways CRS is best, especially if the end waypoint is a VOR/NDB or something trackable.G-MIDY :-scatterAMD 3000+ | 6800GT | 1GB GeiL |

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest cobrafly

for the A320, PSS uses the first version of FMS that does not allow you to intercept

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.