Sign in to follow this  
Guest lhpilot

PSS A320 problem with AP

Guest lhpilot

Hi everybody!I have a severe problem with the Autopilot.I recently updated the A320 to V2 to have it working properly with FS9 (before I did the update the panel worked alright execept of VFR panel).So now I already patched the panel to have the mouse flicker fixed. That's ok now. But the following error occurs:I just wanted to fly around a lil bit. So I decided not to setup the MCDU (which is not necessary, is it?)Then I took off with MAN thrust, climbed to an alt of approx. 4000ft and then selected FL100 in the AP. I pressed the ALT pushbutton, but NOTHING happened! The AP does not react anymore!Someone told me I HAVE to set up the MCDU, but this can't be the reason for this problem?!?I want to fly the A320 manually with the AP. So what can I do to fix that problem?I guess it works the way I described it with the A330/340 and it did as well with the old version of A320.So help me please, because I'm going nuts!~~~ GO AIRBUS GO ~~~++ DLH246 ++ News Manager @ www.lhfspilots.com ++

Guest Phoenix_7

if you can't press AP1then chances are your battery power has drainedsee this post for infohttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=4469&page=I would also doubt anyone just 'takes off' without setting up the bare min in the mcdu, this would be at the very leastfrom/toinit pg2 ZFW and BLOCKperf VspeedsJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

However if you do set it up without the minimums described above you can't press the Alt button which is for managed mode. This is because you haven't got anything in the MCDU and the computers expect the data to be there fore managed mode. In the circumstances you describe you should pull the button (right click) to go to selected mode.

Guest lhpilot

That's what I mean: the selected modeIsn't it possible to fly the Airbus in selected mode only, so that I don't have to setup the MCDU?I guess it worked before I updated the A320 to v2.There's no problem with the HDG, just with the ALT.So you think this problem won't occur, if I set up the minima like ZFW, BLOCK etc.?~~~ GO AIRBUS GO ~~~++ DLH246 ++ News Manager @ www.lhfspilots.com ++

Guest vrandar

Although real worl Airbus pilots do not fly the Airbus without the MCDU, in theory you could do an entire flight using seleced mode only. It would mean fully manual navigation, a visual landing and it would all be a lot of extra work and far less fun. I get a good deal of satisfaction from planning a flight and getting the MCDU set up correctly - and it's not difficult. I do wonder why you would want to make life harder for yourself. Although it's over two years old now so rather dated, there is an MCDU tutorial in the Speedbirdonline (British Airways Virtual) Airbus hangar in my sig below. It might help if you are nervous about using the MCDU. Alternatively contact me on email if you want any direct assistance.

Guest lhpilot

Well, I just wanted to know if selected mode is possible without the MCDU, because now it doesn't work the way it did with the FS2002 version.I also love to setup the MCDU and let the FMS calculate everything and fly. I use the PSS Airbus panel since 2 years or so.Beneath that, I already flew in a full motion A320 once. It was a great experience to see how many things are identical to those in the PSS panel. The whole FMS with its interface on Airbus aircraft is just great. It makes the job of a pilot simplier as you already said.So, keep the AIRBUS spirit alive! ;-)~~~ GO AIRBUS GO ~~~++ DLH246 ++ News Manager @ www.lhfspilots.com ++

Guest vrandar

You've not said what problems you are experiencing. If you could provide some more details we could probably sort out whatever it is that isn't working the way you want it to.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.