Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevejames53

Runtime Error 429 - Activex Component can't create obje...

Guest stevejames53

Hi all,I've had the AB-Pro for some time now, although I havent used it in a while, but I tried the other day and when I tried to set the masses in the loadeditor (imp or met) and save, I get:Runtime Error 429 - Activex Component can't create objectI've done some research upon this error and it seems to be quite well known (although not necessarily relating to this application!), but unfortunately no remedies have worked for me. I may have unwittingly uninstalled something that it uses, but I can't remember what!I was wondering if it was possible for PSS to list the dll's (or whatever) that are used by the loadeditor so I can check to see if I have them. If the list is unobtainable or is too long, then I understand.I run Windows 2000 (updated to the newest SP whichever it is, 4 I think) with FS2004. I also have the A330/340 installed and as far as I can remember, the error did not occur with the load editor for them.Any help would be useful, I've checked through here and the posts that have been made havent helped (I've rebuilt the a/c configs and uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail).Thanks for your time,Steve

Guest stevejames53

I've performed a complete uninstall and reinstall of the AB-Pro files. I downloaded the latest installer and did a clean install.For some reason, even though I did a clean install, the loadedit still managed to remember the last values that I had entered. Don't know if this helps!Thanks for the help,Steve

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

10%
    $2,500.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now