Sign in to follow this  
Guest tsirait

Repainting Airbus

Guest tsirait

Hello, I have question about painting the Aircraft.This is my first time doing repainting.I purchased Airbus A319-320-321 series last week. I repainted one A319 using PaintKit for A319 from PSS and using Photoshop 9. All textures were so sharp and in high resolution when I did in Photoshop. I saved in 32 Bit format BMP. The problem begins when I loaded and view the aircraft in FS2004, I got blurry textures and it's not as sharp as the House textures.Is there anything I should do? Like saving in particullar format instead of 32 Bit BMP? Should I use alpha channel for that? Everytime I saved using alpha channel I didn't see the difference.Please help me. Thanks a lot.

Guest gulyas_laszlo

Try not to save the mipmaps of the texture. In DXTBMP, which I use it is is very simple. I simply uncheck the "include mipmaps" box. Hope I could help!Laszlo GulyasBudapest (LHBP), Hungaryhttp://levendula.bolt.hu/signature_a320.gif

Guest vrandar

I believe this is a common problem and is caused by limitations within FS itself. Those who are good at repaints (I have never done one) will no doubt provide more help.

Guest tsirait

I did what you guys suggested by avoiding to include mipmap while saving the image file. Unfortunately, it still didn't solve the problem. When I tried to load A320 House textures are so sharp. FYI, the hardware settings are: Bilinear and Mipmap scale is: 3. But when I tried to create my own livery following all repaint tutorial from PSS and not to include the mipmap still.. I got blurry textures. :(I know one of you guys are very good in repaint, could you suggest me something?Thanks in advance.

Guest Falcon307

Are you using DXTBmp to convert your file out of PaintShop or that ImageTool thing. Use DXTBmp! And uncheck the mipmaps "include when saving" box. As I recall, the default is checked. I also use 16 point dithering. This is how the file gets converted out of your PaintShop file and into the FS file format. It has nothing to do with your graphics card.Also, the PSS textures are 32-bit. That's the "Extended 32-bit 888-8" in the DXTBmp dropdown box. You must use this to get equivalent quality. Check the file sizes. PSS's are 4MB, which is 32-bit. DXT3 are 1MB and are - or should be - used for AI aircraft. Actually, I use 32-bit only for the xxx_t.bmp file and DXT3 for the other three. The wing and the lights don't need the quality, and your aircraft textures will load faster.Try the Avsim repainter's forum. I think there's some links to tutorials.By the way, repainting PSS aircraft is not the easiest place to start. Try a Henry Tomkiewicz paint kit, then an AIA. You'll then have a fighting chance with a PSS aircraft.Dave WilkinsFalcon307

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.