Sign in to follow this  
Guest uplift

Comprehensive Airbus manual

Guest uplift

Having read various guides on how to program the MCDU on example flights, I still find that once trying to improvise flights with the newly acquired commands in mid-flight the results are unpredictable. The MCDU has understandably an intelligent mind of its own - which is good as it adds to realism. But error messages and what triggers them is baffling.And learning how it works through trial and error is becoming tedious. Real life pilots have thick manuals for tuition. So question: are there more comprehensive guides/manuals available explaining the MCDU and its behaviour? Or is the only alternative to bother the members of this forum?

Guest vrandar

This an MCDU tutorial in the British Airways Virtual Speedbirdonline Airbus hangar in my address below. It is two years old now so badly needs updating. But have a look and come back to me with any questions. For a real world MCDU book which also helps with the simulator I recommend the "Professor McDoo" Airbus MCDU Study Guide from www.impactink.com The site is not well designed and the direct link is http://www.impactink.com/main/shop/cat_184.htm)

I almost hate to ask but...did you read the systems manual that PSS provides? It has about 25 pages dedicated to the MCDU.Roger Curtiss

Guest uplift

Good point Roger! Revisiting part 2 and 5 showed me that they will help me with some of my issues.Thanks for the advice and apologies for appearing like a time waster.

Guest vrandar

But what are your issues? If you tell us we can help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.