Sign in to follow this  
Guest art

Panel problems - a final call for help!

Guest art

Hello there!like many users, I am experiencing the same "black-windscreen" problems with the AirbusPro panels.I have downloaded the panel fix and this only helped a little, i.e. the amount of blackness was reduced from the full windscreen down to about 1 third! The anel is still however displayed way too high on the screen leaving a huge black hole at the bottom - see attached screenshot.Can somebody please offer some clarity by answering the following questions?1. Is is correct, that there are separate panel.cfg files - one in the main AirbusPro folder and one in all of the individual model folders (319,320,321)? If yes, why are there different ones and what do they each govern?2. The download of the panel.cfg fix from the PSS website will on the one hand eliminate the mouse flicker but on the other cause the black windscreen problem?3. Which panel.cgf file(s) should the fix replace? Just the file in the main Airbus Pro folder, only the files in the individual model folders or indeed all of them?4. I found a message on this form that said the panel.cfg in the main Airbus Pro folder needed to be changed to fromfile=headup.BMPsize_mm=1024visible=0position=7ident=MAIN_PANELfile=forward.bmpsize_mm=1024visible=1position=7ident=MAIN_PANELTo this:file=headup.BMPsize_mm=1024visible=1position=7ident=MAIN_PANELfile=forward.bmpsize_mm=1024visible=0position=7ident=MAIN_PANELIs this correct? This only reduced my black windscreen problem, but failed to solve it completely.5. Can somebody who has everything running 100% please cut and paste the panel.cfg file in an answer here for me? Please state whether it is intended for the mail panel.cfg file and/or the individual model panel.cfgs. If you would prefer to send an email instead, then please use this address: edward.pelling@neue-digitale.de6. There is probably a very simple explanention as to why I can

Guest art

What would be the procedure after that? Download the fix panel.cfg or tweak the original manually?Can you post the content of both the panel cfgs for me? I am still unclear as to what cfg. file does what! What does the main one do/govern that the model specific ones don

Guest Phoenix_7

if you don't have a problem with mouse flicker, you would do nothing elseif you do have mouse flickerusing notepad, open the fileAircraftPSSAB-propanelpanel.cfglook for this section(Window08)Background_color=16,16,16size_mm=15,15position=7visible=1ident=59change size_mm=15,15to size_mm=2,2exit and saveJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

There weren't any snapshots attached to your post, but I hope the following will help. The main panel.cfg should be in the PSSAB-Pro folder. In the PSSA319panel etc folders you should just have a panel.cfg file containing an alias as follows and nothing else:[fltsim]alias=PssAB-propanelMy panel.cfg in the PSSABPro is attached and has always worked perfectly. You will see that I have made some changes in that I have removed the VC. There are also other gauges like the Rob Barendregt pushback and taxi gauge, a hard landing gauge and so on but I have commented these out to save you having to do it. If you use the attached panel.cfg put it in the PSSAB-Propanel folder where there should also be the three image files: Down, Forward and Headup.

Guest art

Gentlemen - many thanks for your support - I

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.