Sign in to follow this  

FSPAINTER AIRCRAFT TO FLYABLE AIRCRAFT

(a) Is it possible to tweak FSPainter AI aircraft to flyable aircraft?What programs are necessary for this?(:( How can I add the alpha channel to the white paint kit that I have already painted in Photoshop 6? Thanks.Dr. Jinesh ThomasResident in Internal MedicineGauhati Medical CollegeINDIA.

Shouldn't be any program, Just add a panel or alias it to one and then try it out. You might need to add a diferent airfile to give it non AI handling, haven't tried it, with all the great aircraft out there I never thought about it. I must admit I do like the JAL MD-11 by FSP, maybe I'll check that one out for flying! LOLOn the alpha channel d/l a program called DTXBmp from Martin Wright. When you load an original texture in it and it has an alpha channel it will seperate the two and you can edit the alpha channel only in any paint program and reload it and save it as a 32 bit w alpha and then use imagetool to format it to DXT3. To make one I just take a copy of the original texture make it a greyscale and paint the areas that are to be reflective a shade of grey and the non reflective areas white, save it, load the original in DTXBmp and import the alpha channel you just made and save as before. If you have any questions about it you can email me.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks Mike! Shall try it out today night.Regards,Dr. Jinesh ThomasResident in Internal MedicineGauhati Medical CollegeINDIA.