Sign in to follow this  
Guest Badgeros

PSS - just about given up

Guest Badgeros

Help!I love the PSS planes I purchased.... Dash 8, 330 and 340. However I cannot "see" them when I fly and I've just about tossed in the towel.I am an experienced Fsimmer and have looked through these forums and around the net for a solution to this problem without luck.I have all three above mentioned planes installed. On ALL of them I have problems with the livery texture. There isn't any. The planes are white in colour no texture at all. Otherwise the functionality is perfect. I have tried all I have seen in these posts such as changing the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= in the cfg file. I have moved folders to the root drive folder... you name it (I have had error messages "sometimes" that G:pssXXXYZ directory is missing etc)Sometimes I get the textures for a flight, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get the textures for a while and then switching tasks will render them white once more. The only thing I can think of is that PSS does not like where I have FS installed which is on a raid array G:MS FLIGHT SIMULATORFlight Simulator 9. Perhaps it does not like this. Perhaps it is some delay with the SATA controller?All other planes including third party planes such as PMDG 737 etc work perfectly it is only the PSS planes that suffer. I really love these planes but am at my wit's end.Please guys. Help before they go to the trashcan.Badger.AMD FX551GB RAMATI Radeon XT800 series1x 180GB IDE2x SATA 180GB strippedAsus A8VD MB

Guest Phoenix_7

I use a 'sata' drive 'E' and have no problemslet's start with the 330check you have the following files installedFS200xAircraftPSS-A330-200PSS-A330-300PSSAB-ProFS200xEffectsPSS_vc.fxFS200xGaugesPSS-A330.gauFS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFSUIPC extrasA330 panel configuration utilityA330_usageA330-A340 LoadEditA330FuelPlannerA340_usageA340FuelPlannerAPTuning330config330loadeditFS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_lFS200xPSSNavDatapssaptpssawypssndbpssrwypsssidpssstarpssvorpsswptJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Badgeros

John,Tks for getting on board. Here's what's different to your list.FS200xPSSAirbus A3xxFSUIPC extras (MISSING)FS200xPSSTextureAt present just have DC8 relevant files eg.propdash8pssdh8gauge_Lpssdhc8_|etc..... etc.All the following are MISSING from FS200xPSSTextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_lHowever all of the above are located in:-FS200xAircraftPSSAB-Protextureengine_GE_lengine_PW_lengine_RR_lengine_CFM_lgauge1_lgauge2_lOH_Lpss33_main_lpssa330_generic2_cpssa330_generic_cpssa334_generic_tvc_lwing330_lOtherwise all other files are in correct place.BL

Guest Phoenix_7

I would suggest deleting any airbus files you have installedthen go to the Phoenix site, look under 'my files'download the Airbus base pack installerthen run the installerJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Badgeros

John,Success but for a different reason!I had already re-installed everything, including FS9. Yesterday I noticed the same problem on another 3rd party plane, thus changing everything.After hectic searching discovered it was the memory usage settings:-System-advanced-performance-settings-advanced-memory usageChanging this back to "programs" rather than "system cache" and fixed everything.Thanks for the help.BL

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.