Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

A330/340 A floor!

Hi All, I was @ 39k climbing to 41k for my flight from EGLL to VHHH in the 340-300 when for no apparent reason my airspeed started dropping off quickly. The auto throttles responded and A floor Togo link start flashing wildly! But the airspeed continued to slow down and after what seem like an eternity the stall warning came on! I was quickly loosing altitude. I tried to disengaged the AT first to correct the problem to no avail. Then i took out the autopilot! And nosed down to pick up the airspeed! Still no joy finally my bird met with the ground and all was lost!!! I was some 3 hours into this flight on the last section of my stepped climb. All the gadgets were programmed and working normally upto this point!I am using the new FDE and i haven't added anything to the package after the new files were added. Before then the flight was progressing normally!Any direction would be greatCheersDal

Guest Niels_C

Hi Dal,Hmmm, maybe you have encountered one of FS'... creative ways to handle weather at large. I think a registered version of FSUIPC can handle that.Also be sure to check your MCDU's readout with respect to OPT ALT and MAX ALT.

Guest DrSnooper

I just registered FSUIPC and took icing off and the layer to zero as mentioned on this forum and guess whatIT DID NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!I still have A-Floor after take off using the tutorial

Guest Calum

And What news of Neils other suggestion ?Be sure you are not going above OPT ( or even MAX ) FL.So it happens after Take-off now as well ? does it still happen when climbing ?Check Flap COnfig and Trim Also set the correct weights for the proper VSpeeds.Calum

Guest DrSnooper

My happens when I even do a tutorial flight. I load up the YSSY-YMML flight and follow it to the letter and get A-Floor and TOGA LKEven Tried the WSSS flight and got the same, the A320 does not have any problems.I give up

Guest NormanB

I fly the YSSY-YMML-YSSY routing at least a couple of times a week in the A340 with no issues.Are you flying this online? If not could you? We could talk it through real time.

Guest DrSnooper

Hi NormanI fly most nights during the week, my callsign is JST444RegardsTony

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.