Sign in to follow this  
Guest uplift

Further MCDU guides/manuals?

Guest uplift

I believe I have read and absorbed the PSS A319/A320/A321 manuals and Rob Elliott of British Airways Virtual's guides re. the MCDU. However when inserting holds in-flight the outcome is unpredictable. The holds may show up on both the ND and FPLAN page, but it is not certain that the plane will enter into it. Instead it may bank in the other direction pursuing a purpose/course not obvious to me.And the sequence of waypoints listed on the FPLAN may linger even though being passed.Also, the error messages that may occur on the bottom of the MCDU are not documented in the material I have seen so far.Is the MCDU behaviour accurate and I need to study further. Or are these symptoms of erroneous behaviour. Please advise

Guest Phoenix_7

upper winds can have an impact on the hold patternyou can use the registered version of FSUIPC to control several wind effectswaypoints - no ideaJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

>And the sequence of waypoints listed on the FPLAN may linger>even though being passed.Can you give an example of this as it shouldn't happen and never has in my experience.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.