Sign in to follow this  
Guest g0kmt

Wrong runways on display

Guest g0kmt

I power up the bus (any PSS bus) AP running, then go to FMS to set it up. Load a route then go to set up the departure runway the following happens:Now and again the Runways database seems to become corrupt. When that happens I get some strange runways instead of the correct ones. For example the other night I was going from EGKK and when I went to the departure page, the runways on display were those for EGKA rather than EGKK as set for departure same if looking for arrival too.Re-installing it cures it temporarily then after a session or two it fails again or like now it is always wrong despite re-installing it again and again! Most perplexing.Currently as an example:EGLL is showing 18, 36, 07, 25, 05 and 09L ILS 110.30 which look remarkably like :EGLJ 18 51.683283 -1.077086 178 01270EGLJ 36 51.671875 -1.076444 358 01270EGLK 07 51.322064 -0.856622 072 01335EGLK 25 51.325714 -0.838378 252 01335EGLL 05 51.463200 -0.450669 042 01962EGLL 09L 51.477450 -0.489428 090 03902 110.30 090(copied from pssrwy.dat)Its like the FMS is reading the data incorrectly because the pssrwy.dat appears to be correct! EDDL is correct though.This is getting stranger because as soon as I try entering EGAA/EGLL as a route for example in the init page all is ok againAnyone any idea? RegardsIan

Guest Phoenix_7

you may get this if you are trying to use older saved plans with newer navdata fileswhat happens if you don't 'load' a plan and create one new?JohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest vrandar

when a new AIRAC is produced you should ideally delete all existing .afp flight plans in your flight simulator 9/PSS/Airbus A3XX folder and then start new ones by importing them from whichever flight planner you use. For many pilots (and I am one), using flight plans created with a previous AIRAC will lead to these incorrect runway problems. Having said that, it doesn't always seem to cure it. It hasn't worked for me at EGBB this morning, the first time deleting the .afp plans, loading the new AIRAC and starting again has failed. Of course loading the full flight plan by hand into the MCDU works perfectly with correct departure runways - it is never the arrival runways which are wrong for some bizarre reason.Even after re-installing the AIRAC 0506 I find that when loading EGBB/EGPH exported from my flight planner (the BAV OSP planner) it is still picking up EGBE's runways (Coventry) as well as EGBB in the departure page on the MCDU. As EGBE is right next to EGBB it makes me think it might have something to do with the lat/lon coordinates for the airport somewhere in the navdata. I'll keep working on what might be causing this.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

5%
    $1,300.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now