Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimulatorPilot

New A32X FDEs. any good??

Guest SimulatorPilot

There's been some FDEs uploaded to the library recently. Has anybody tried them yet? Are they any good? thanks

Guest vrandar

I assume you mean the Pedro Oliveira FDE modified by Alexandre Batista and Samir Arman that was uploaded on 1 July. I've just used their air file and revised aircraft.cfg on my usual short test flight from Airbus facility at Finkenwerder EDHI to Bremen EDDW using the iFDG/PSS merge. Apart from the corrected EGT temps and possibly less of hard nose-down on landing I didn't notice any real difference over the v1.4FDE that was released for the iFDG/PSS a few months ago.

Guest vrandar

The other one that has been released, the PSS-A320_lip_v1.6 I didn't like. I haven't looked in detail at what they did to the air file but I got oscillating N1 and N2 readings, some odd behaviour approaching turns (it started going the wrong way in managed heading then corrected itself) and the PFD went wonky on finals as though battery power had run out which I know it hadn't. Apparently there are improvements related to lift but I really don't know what they are and I didn't see any changes. More info about exactly what changes had been made would have been helpful. At the moment overall I'm not too impressed and have removed this air file and aircraft.cfg.

Rob,The first FDE seems only for the A319 with IAE engines. Correct?Above all, which FDE do you suggest for the A319/320/321?BTW, thanks for your website full of tips, tricks and valuable information about flying this birds.Stefano

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.