Sign in to follow this  
Guest bega

MCDU question

Guest bega

I have one quick question, Im pretty familiar with the Airbus Pro, but I have one question, I tried taking off without even touching the MCDU, and then tried setting up a flight plan and landing, and could not do it. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

Guest bega

I just set the altitude, heading, and airspeed. I didnt even touch the computer until I was at about 3500ft. I was going to do a pattern and land, but I couldnt set up the runway I wanted to land on. I put in the frequency of the runway and the heading, but thats it, I couldnt see the runway or anything on the ND.

Guest Phoenix_7

open MCDUenter dep/arr airport at from/topress f-planselect DESTselect arrival runwaypress ILSoropen MCDUpress RAD/NAVenter ILS freq at ILS/FREQpress ILS on glareshieldJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest bega

>or>open MCDU>press RAD/NAV>enter ILS freq at ILS/FREQ>press ILS on glareshieldThat is what I did, but the runway never showed up on the ND. And I also wanted to insert waypoints while in air, but could not. What Im trying to understand is, how do you start a Flight Plan while airborne?

Guest vrandar

Why would you want to? It would be far better and far more realistic to set up your flight before you take off rather than do a rather unrealistic procedure of starting to enter MCDU data after you have taken off.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.