Sign in to follow this  
Guest shadowman76

Holdings in saved flight plans

Guest shadowman76

Hi all!The following thing is annoying me a little bit: when I load a flight plan that has a holding somwhere into the FMC, the holding dows not show up in the flight plan tracked in the ND. It is listed in the flight plan on the FMC, but not on the ND. When I fly and the holding becomes active, the autopilot turns somewhere and does strange lateral manouvers that are anything else but not a proper holding pattern!Now all this can be fixed by just deleting and reinserting the holding after the flight plan was loaded. Then the holding shows up on the ND as it should and also the autopilot does what I expect from it.Ok, I know it makes no sense to save a flight plan including a holding pattern, as holdings are only flown on demand when directed by ATC. But nevertheless I find this little issue annoying.yours,Thorsten

Guest vrandar

It's an interesting point. Holds were not modelled in the very first version of the PSS Airbus MCDU but came slightly later and perhaps that has something to do with it. A coding issue maybe. I certainly don't save flights with a hold in them, they are entered at the time I need to fly one. As a result I'm sorry I can't help.

Guest Phoenix_7

the ability to save all flight info was not available when the product was releasedthe first product we released which had this feature was the ConcordeJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.